Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SB Final: Louisiana 2, UCLA 3

Default Re: Softball today 2/19

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sorry, no home town discount if “young robe” made the decision. Just call it what it was, a bad decision based on 20/20 hindsight.
    Nothing about this is hindsight. The second the move was made I thought it was a bad decision. They couldn’t touch Sam. Absolutely NO reason to pull her. I would really like to hear the reasoning and I hope we get the answer. These games matter and we’re about to leave this tournament with only 1 win against an unranked team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    You missed my point. Never exonerated road.

Just trying to figure out whether Glasgow changes pitchers or robe, makes the decision.

Honestly, I can’t imagine it is robe because he comes from a baseball background, and I don’t think he would ever make this kind of an irrational decision.

Which lays the blame and only one persons feet.

In any event, whoever made the decision did not make a smart decision, and this seems to be a trend with softball.

On field decision making is questionable
    10-4, it all falls at the feet of the HC at the end of the day. Just don’t want to see a fourth coach at UL getting the “it’s ok, he’s one of us” treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Is Glasco becoming the Big Fish of softball?
    Nahh glasco passed him for sbc crowns his second year

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Is Glasco becoming the Big Fish of softball?
    great thought, but

he has a ways to go to be conference all time leader in wins though

10-4, it all falls at the feet of the HC at the end of the day. Just don’t want to see a fourth coach at UL getting the “it’s ok, he’s one of us” treatment.
    My buddy ask me the other day if I thought we have lost the family traditions at UL softball. I ask what does he mean by that, his response was, we used to have several Louisiana players not to mention some form the Acadiana area that we developed into great players. He says that it looks like we have moved on from that everything is travel ball now. There are six Texas players for every one Louisiana player on this team. How will you get that family atmosphere at Lamson park if the families can't drive in. Will we be able to fill the stands without our families and we have no players from Acadiana. Another question was are we content with just winning the SBC if so any coach can come here and do that. This is year six of building his own team I can understand years 1-3 retooling the war chest and maybe we win the CWS or even make it there this year but if all we do is win the SBC then what.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    My buddy ask me the other day if I thought we have lost the family traditions at UL softball. I ask what does he mean by that, his response was, we used to have several Louisiana players not to mention some form the Acadiana area that we developed into great players. He says that it looks like we have moved on from that everything is travel ball now. There are six Texas players for every one Louisiana player on this team. How will you get that family atmosphere at Lamson park if the families can't drive in. Will we be able to fill the stands without our families and we have no players from Acadiana. Another question was are we content with just winning the SBC if so any coach can come here and do that. This is year six of building his own team I can understand years 1-3 retooling the war chest and maybe we win the CWS or even make it there this year but if all we do is win the SBC then what.
    It would be frustrating to win the conference and go 2-2 in a regional again. But, coaches that regularly win championships don’t get fired.

This loss is pretty much totally on Glasco. Trying to steal 3rd with 2 outs after scoring 3 runs, and pulling Sam when they couldn't hit her was head scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    It would be frustrating to win the conference and go 2-2 in a regional again. But, coaches that regularly win championships don’t get fired.
    And coaches that regularly don’t win championships(big fish)don’t get fired at UL either.

Default Re: SB Final: Louisiana 2, UCLA 3

The goal of this weekend was to beat IU and a rebuilding Michigan and then steal another one of the last 4. We booted our way to a loss against Michigan and this was the one to steal. UCLA gave us everything we needed. Extremely disappointing. The 1 run losses are a small consolation

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    The goal of this weekend was to beat IU and a rebuilding Michigan and then steal another one of the last 4. We booted our way to a loss against Michigan and this was the one to steal. UCLA gave us everything we needed. Extremely disappointing. The 1 run losses are a small consolation
    Should have done just that.

Even with the loss vs. Michigan, that UCLA game would have been a weekend saver. Tough outings aside, you’d come home with at least 1 top 5 win.

Sigh.

Sure hope this makes us tougher when it gets to regional time, but we will NEVER get the benefit of the doubt on seeding or regional placement if we don't beat some of these teams during the regular season.

Does RPI take into account margin of victory? Or does it just strictly look at wins/losses? I’m wondering if those 1 run losses will do us any more good than the blowout to OKST did

Quote Originally Posted by raginbeef View Post
    Does RPI take into account margin of victory? Or does it just strictly look at wins/losses? I’m wondering if those 1 run losses will do us any more good than the blowout to OKST did
    Run margins don't matter in pure numbers (RPI) but playing four top 10 teams will help in RPI. Post season decisions will need us to wins some upcoming top 25 games.

As usual the RPCA with it’s epic 20/20 hindsight raises its ugly predictable head. Good job coaches. Good job. (Clap clap, self pat on the back).

15. Default Re: Softball today 2/19

You have no clue, was not a straight steal, hitter missed a sign.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information