Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Commitment for 2023

1. Default Re: New Commitment for 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    12 may have been an accurate number when he took over, but for every player that was raided or lost, he was free to fill the void.
    Most of those happened after the spring signing deadline. And how many players we wanted were actually available at that point. Finally they had two offensive linemen who were projected to start that never played a down due to spring injuries, and a third, Burton, who was never 100%.

Not excuses just facts. He needs to get better on play calling, and player execution. I’ll take a class like this years every year.

Default Re: New Commitment for 2023

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Desormeaux knows exactly what we need to field a winning roster . . . RP, not so much . . . but rest assured, if there is anything RP knows, it will be voiced here for CMD to pick and choose from . . .
    Shining a light on RPCA.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You do understand that he only could sign 12 last season, and he got raided after the bulk of the qualifying good players were gone. So far this year he’s signed 27 with a select few being transfers and JUCO.

I believe he’s also brought in several PWO players who might have specialized skillset. Some mentioned the kid Cesar from Church Point I believe being projected as an athlete instead of quarterback.
    I do understand. That's why it is to be figured out. We will see what happens

Nice offers. Including Pitt, Virginia, Tulane and Florida St. Interesting they had a 99.3% prediction of landing at Tulane. We weren't even listed with an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Nice offers. Including Pitt, Virginia, Tulane and Florida St. Interesting they had a 99.3% prediction of lanyoding at Tulane. We weren't even listed with an offer.
    So, this is probably not going to make you and a few others excited. Donaldson was committed to Boston College as late as January 23rd. He lost all of his offers for some reason and had very few options. He played WR and OLB at Newman HS this past season. He is coming to UL on a PWO at OLB. His build and agility led to comparisons to Andre Jones coming out of HS. There are no more scholarships available at the WR position unless someone leaves after spring.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    So, this is probably not going to make you and a few others excited. Donaldson was committed to Boston College as late as January 23rd. He lost all of his offers for some reason and had very few options. He played WR and OLB at Newman HS this past season. He is coming to UL on a PWO at OLB. His build and agility led to comparisons to Andre Jones coming out of HS. There are no more scholarships available at the WR position unless someone leaves after spring.
    I'm excited about anyone that buys in and wants to be here. So hopefully that is or will be the case, and the rest will work itself out. Thanks for the info.

I'm all for giving people second chances. I'm pretty sure the reward outweighs the risk if they brought him in.

Not concerned about that in the least. What was his position supposed to be at BC?

When was the last time anyone from Newman played at U(S)L? I don't think that's ever happened.

10. Default Re: New Commitment for 2023

. . . DES working . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Not concerned about that in the least. What was his position supposed to be at BC?
    Not certain, likely WR like the other offers.

Not certain, likely WR like the other offers.
    I’d assume that too. Tell you what, you can’t have enough Andre Jones on your roster. Especially at a low risk PWO.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . DES working . . .
    100%

He could end up as a TE as well.

Meanwhile Louisiana just leapfrogged Southern Miss in the ‘23 composite graded signing class for the SBC. We came in at #4 behind South, stAte and App. Very curious what Dez and company can do with a normal offseason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information