Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: interviewing coaches

1. Default interviewing coaches

A national championship winning head coach? Wasn't too "big time" for the podcast, aye?
    Imagine that...

Looking forward to listening.

2. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

. . . podcasters who regularly conduct themselves in a civil manner get to do interesting podcasts . . .

3. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . podcasters who regularly conduct themselves in a civil manner get to do interesting podcasts . . .
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, as usual.

You think Jodry Collota "conducts himself" in a civil manner? TexAgs? Tiger Rag? T-Bob and Moscona?

Every fan podcast at some point will have an opinion that their particular administration will be at odds with. Happens all over the country. But that's not even the point. The point is, if Roarman can interview national championship caliber coaches by just a simple email, he should be able to talk to Gerry Glasco.

You don't fight the battles we fight to be able to produce the content we produce. With that in mind, you should shut the hell up about podcasting.

4. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, as usual.

You think Jodry Collota "conducts himself" in a civil manner? TexAgs? Tiger Rag? T-Bob and Moscona?

Every fan podcast at some point will have an opinion that their particular administration will be at odds with. Happens all over the country. But that's not even the point. The point is, if Roarman can interview national championship caliber coaches by just a simple email, he should be able to talk to Gerry Glasco.

You don't fight the battles we fight to be able to produce the content we produce. With that in mind, you should shut the hell up about podcasting.
    . . . your reputation precedes you . . . call me back when you become as successful as all of the other podcasters you name . . . otherwise continue to be you and having to sit on the sidelines and complain as opposed to being able to schedule those you really want . . . remember the postings you made about Coach Deggs last year . . . if you don't, that's why you find yourself where you find yourself . . . how does it feel to be a Complaintant . . .

Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

A national championship winning head coach? Wasn't too "big time" for the podcast, aye?
    Imagine that...

Looking forward to listening.
    Legit question. Do other local podcasts have coaches on? I thought this was about Townsquare rights

6. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Legit question. Do other local podcasts have coaches on? I thought this was about Townsquare rights
    It was never about Townsquare and there was never a policy. Which was the entire point I was making last year.

7. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

. . . the policy is easy to see . . . because they can’t trust you . . . no podcasters get a coaches interview . . .

8. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

. . . your reputation precedes you . . . call me back when you become as successful as all of the other podcasters you name . . . otherwise continue to be you and having to sit on the sidelines and complain as opposed to being able to schedule those you really want . . . remember the postings you made about Coach Deggs last year . . . if you don't, that's why you find yourself where you find yourself . . . how does it feel to be a Complaintant . . .
    You mean, our reputation as being prepared, hard working, professional with guests, growing the brand in places that would never have been interested in Ragin Cajun athletics otherwise, helping to develop rivalries, increasing the digital footprint of this university, relentless promotion of all of our programs, hosting visiting fans, giving thousands of dollars to private funding across the athletics structure, volunteer hours of our free time and helping administrators behind the scenes to keep our fans engaged? It sure does.

Successful? I don't even need to post the numbers we do here. With a fanbase as small as ours, it is either an indictment on our official social media strategy as an athletics program or an freaking miracle that RR social media accounts get as much (and in many cases more) traffic than the official accounts. We're listened to and/or watched 2k times a week. We share the same official sponsors as the university and a sponsor with 3 of those podcasts that I mentioned earlier.

I made comments about Deggs, just like a made comments about every other coach we've ever had. It's an OPINION. We all have them. Your happen to be particularly absurd, but you have them nonetheless. Me saying that Deggs' constant tinkering with a lineup the clearly was deficient and being overly aggressive on the base paths with guys that didn't fit the bill should NEVER have an impact on an interview. In fact, it would make the interview even better.

All of that is irrelevant to the point I was making earlier. Regardless of if there is a policy or not, regardless of any relationship, regardless of anything.. The fact that a coach from a national championship P5 school can go on with a local podcaster but that same podcaster can't interview a Cajun coach (whom he just happens to be friends with, and would love to promote his program in any way he can) should raise eyebrows. WHY is that the case? WHY is it so hard to promote our programs through non-traditional channels, especially considering that terrestrial radio is just about dead, our own official non-traditional channels rarely put out content, print media all but ignores UL athletics and no one watches local news anymore... Florida St? LSU? Houston? Southern Miss? App St? Troy? They all promote their programs in any way they can, including a heavy presence on podcasts.

9. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

. . . the policy is easy to see . . . because they can’t trust you . . . no podcasters get a coaches interview . . .

Only you would think you have the answers to something you have absolutely no idea about. Elite troll status.

10. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

. . . when it takes a book to deflect a concept that is so very simple and obvious, one is on the wrong end . . . let me know when you get that interview, then we can talk . . . until then, it is obvious that I am 100% rock solid on point . . .

Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

It was never about Townsquare and there was never a policy. Which was the entire point I was making last year.
    I don’t remember breakfast much less a RP post last year.

So back to my first question. Do coaches ever go on local podcasts?

12. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

. . . when it takes a book to deflect a concept that is so very simple and obvious, one is on the wrong end . . . let me know when you get that interview, then we can talk . . . until then, it is obvious that I am 100% rock solid on point . . .
    Again, only a person like you would think that.

Rory has a very solid podcast, with great facts, has never ruffled a feather and can't get his friend on to talk about the program they both know and love. It has nothing to do with trust, reputation or anything else. You have no idea what you're talking about.

13. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I don’t remember breakfast much less a RP post last year.

So back to my first question. Do coaches ever go on local podcasts?
    All of the time.

All of the time.
    Like who? I don’t really listen much to podcasts because I’m too ADD.

Pods will vary in approaches. Some will be more aggressive, some milk toast like FB (no negativity allowed), some middle of the road, some way out there.

All depends on the personalities involved, objectives, career aspirations and such.

For example, if someone wants a career in “the media”, they’re not going to dump on any athletic program simply one never knows where a big gig may lead someone.

If the above isn’t an objective, varying approaches defines the pod. Approaches from Bobcat Goalwaith to a priest’s homily exists.

They’re all good, and if a person doesn’t like a particular approach, nobody says one has to listen. Same goes for guests, they don’t like a host’s approach, they don’t have to appear.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information