Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: interviewing coaches

1. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . when it takes a book to deflect a concept that is so very simple and obvious, one is on the wrong end . . .
    Sometimes, a nail in the road requires a tow truck of an explanation.

2. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Like who? I don’t really listen much to podcasts because I’m too ADD.
    If you want to look at our peers: USM has multiple podcasts that have interviewed all major sport coaches. App St has two pods that have talked to all of their coaches. ODU has a weekly basketball show with their head basketball coach. They also interviewed their head baseball coach (pretty sure it was baseball) on their SECOND EVER episode. Troy has multiple that have talked to Sumerall. Houston and Memphis the same. I can go on..

Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If you want to look at our peers: USM has multiple podcasts that have interviewed all major sport coaches. App St has two pods that have talked to all of their coaches. ODU has a weekly basketball show with their head basketball coach. They also interviewed their head baseball coach (pretty sure it was baseball) on their SECOND EVER episode. Troy has multiple that have talked to Sumerall. Houston and Memphis the same. I can go on..
    Sorry should have been more specific. UL podcasts with UL coaches.

4. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Sorry should have been more specific. UL podcasts with UL coaches.
    No, that's the whole point. The Louisiana Unlimited (i think that's the name) releases one episode a quarter and I think there has been a coach on there a time or two, but that's a Leirfield thing.

5. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Podcasting is the future and keeping coaches off of local podcasts will set programs (with a blanket "NO" policy) further and further back

6. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Podcasting is the future and keeping coaches off of local podcasts will set programs (with a blanket NO POLICY) further and further back
    We're in talks with them to try and write an actual policy that isn't some made up, goal post moving target. And I hope it benefits people like Craig and Rory who do great work. I'm just, once again, pointing out, that it's ridiculous not to promote our programs through new channels, especially via people who have obviously dedicated themselves to putting out a good product and shown consistency/longevity in doing so. And for people like Vic who think having an opinion should bar you from speaking to coaches, I'll recommend you listen to any of those "successful" podcasts that he mentioned earlier and tell me how devoid of "negativity" they are or how they demonstrate "civility." Asinine way to think.

Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Podcasting is the future and keeping coaches off of local podcasts will set programs (with a blanket "NO" policy) further and further back
    Part of that falls at the feet of the AC office at UL. The tin cans and a piece of string between Reinhardt Drive and TSM down the street days are long gone.

8. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Part of that falls at the feet of the AC office at UL. The tin cans and a piece of string between Reinhardt Drive and TSM down the street days are long gone.
    LOL

9. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Again, only a person like you would think that.

Rory has a very solid podcast, with great facts, has never ruffled a feather and can't get his friend on to talk about the program they both know and love. It has nothing to do with trust, reputation or anything else. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    . . . it is really sad that because of your caustic attitudes in the past that now roarman can’t even get an interview now . . . wear it my man . . . it’s all on you . . .

10. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

. . . it is really sad that because of your caustic attitudes in the past that now roarman can’t even get an interview now . . . wear it my man . . . it’s all on you . . .
    Yes, because I made a post in 1999, Rory was banned from talking to a softball coach. ONLY coaches that coach in the 70503 zip code though. No where else. Especially not ones that won a national championship or now sit in the Louisiana / softball HOF.

My bad Roarman.

11. Default Podcast

We're in talks with them to try and write an actual policy that isn't some made up, goal post moving target. And I hope it benefits people like Craig and Rory who do great work. I'm just, once again, pointing out, that it's ridiculous not to promote our programs through new channels, especially via people who have obviously dedicated themselves to putting out a good product and shown consistency/longevity in doing so. And for people like Vic who think having an opinion should bar you from speaking to coaches, I'll recommend you listen to any of those "successful" podcasts that he mentioned earlier and tell me how devoid of "negativity" they are or how they demonstrate "civility." Asinine way to think.
    . . . there are probably levels of negative opinions which may be acceptable but it is obvious that you have gone way past those levels and all are now suffering from it . . . be a man and step up and accept it as opposed to deflecting and blaming others . . .

Yes, because I made a post in 1999, Rory was banned from talking to a softball coach. ONLY coaches that coach in the 70503 zip code though. No where else. Especially not ones that won a national championship or now sit in the Louisiana / softball HOF.

My bad Roarman.
    . . . quit minimizing . . . it wonÂ’t work with those who follow Louisiana sports and have seen some of the things you have posted . . . 1 post in 1999, give us all a ____ing break . . .

. . . a better path forward for you might be for you to admit and repent . . . otherwise there is little chance they will ever trust you . . .

You two need to stop….I’m crying…

Just had a visual of Vic and MAT being accountability partners…

Still laughing. Sorry guys.

13. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

. . . a better path forward for you might be for you to admit and repent . . . otherwise there is little chance they will ever trust you . . .
    A better path forward for you would be butting out about things you have no clue about. Speaking of reputations, yours isn't a good one here. Not many people like trolls.

14. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

A better path forward for you would be butting out about things you have no clue about. Speaking of reputations, yours isn't a good one here. Not many people like trolls.
    . . . It really sucks when I’m correct . . .

15. Default Re: Roarman's Softball Podcast. Interview Lonnie Alameda. FSU Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You two need to stop….I’m crying…

Just had a visual of Vic and MAT being accountability partners…

Still laughing. Sorry guys.
    Please don't lump me into anything with that idiot.
    I'll stop responding to him now. What's that old saying? You shouldn't argue with morons - passers by might not know the difference?

To stay on topic, the fact remains, if Roarman's program is good enough for Florida State, it should be plenty good enough for UL.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information