Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

1. Default Re: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

. . . what young energetic hire that fans will accept will come here for $300,000 or less except BBoyd . . . probably nobody . . . hire BBoyd now . . .

Default Re: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    But didn't Cajunsmike mention earlier in the season that going into this season there were much simpler and direct criteria required to get another contract? Like winning a championship whether that's regular season or tournament? The 20 game thing is hard to use as a measuring stick these days with the weak schedule we play.
    As far as I know there is no criteria to be met for the current staff to be retained and this is the last year of the current contract. A tournament championship does not guarantee a new contract. Nor does a disappointing finish guarantee there won't be a new contract offered to the current staff. Once the season ends that decision will be made solely by Drs. Maggard and Savoie. I have no idea what their view is on the matter at this time. They probably don't have a firm idea yet on what the decision will be. I don't think they will let what is posted here affect that decision in any way however. My guess (and it is only opinion-not fact) is a tournament championship will result in a new contract. I have no clue what happens if that goal is not met.

3. Default Re: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

. . . it would be sad if those professionals with the decision making authority over hiring and firing a coach would take what a handful of posters on RP say seriously . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . it would be sad if those professionals with the decision making authority over hiring and firing a coach would take what a handful of posters on RP say seriously . . .
    You know, maybe you should stay off of message boards if you're so offended by the opinions of fans and knuckleheads. I don't think anyone would miss you.

5. Default Re: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    You know, maybe you should stay off of message boards if you're so offended by the opinions of fans and knuckleheads. I don't think anyone would miss you.
    . . . there is where you fall off your rocker . . . I’m not offended by a damn thing . . . but those who should be offended by what I post are offended most of the time . . . wish I could be that effective all of the time . . .

Regardless of what happens. He needs to go. I wish this team the best but Marlin is not the future. He alone and his cronies have kept Cajun Fans away from the Cajun Dome for years.

NCAA Tournament appearance or bust!

I dropped my tickets. We make the Dance or have new Coach next year, sign me up for 4 season tickets. Anything less, I’m out.

8. Default Re: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

They should listen to the posters on RP!

Then they could say "I had over 100 options"

"10 different options from a single poster."

9. Default Re: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

. . . 100 options . . . there are not 15 posters on the subject, much less 15 giving options . . .

If program goal is making NCAA's more than once every ten years or so, then a head coach change is warranted. However, IMO if Coach Marlin takes us back to NCAA tourney this year then he probably gets to return. We'll see what happens in Pensacola.

I blame the Admin for putting us Fans in this situation. It was predicted by RR that we would be in this very situation. It sucks. Marlin is not the answer for the future.

One NCAA appearance in 12 years should not be the standard. Louisiana can do better than that.

Especially yours

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Nobody would

15. Default Re: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

. . . 100 options . . . there are not 15 posters on the subject, much less 15 giving options . . .
    Chill whack-a-mole

From me and RougaWhite&Blue we get more ideas than that.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information