Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

Default Re: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    probably half of the student section was all of the other school teams that had a "mardi gras" parade at halftime, Saturday you will again be able to pick your seat there as they did their big push for the game against us. I know how games are there I have friend that have season tickets to several different USM sports and a daughter at school there and her boyfriend is the sports editor on campus and has to be at almost all sporting events on campus. Last night was not the rule, its been so bad that my daughter and a friend of mine were allowed to sit in floor seats just so it would look like there were people at a basketball game. Their average is similar to ours and last year they averaged around 500 a game. USM is just pushing that UL is their big rivalry and give away the house to get people to games against us. AKA six dollar tickets to the football game game that brought in every low class dirt bag in that county. or last night highly reduced seats for the double header.
    I personally think it’s great that USM is pushing the rivalry from their side. They’re the rival we need to get our fanbase engaged.

Hopefully we can get some Saturday night home games against them in football

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . my heart missed a few beats when Fulks went down behind the goal in the second half and stayed down out of site . . . it was like who is going to carry and distribute the ball . . . fans can complain about him but there are 10 times more reason to compliment his play than complain about it . . .
    I agree. He was down for a long time too. Scared the $%!# out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    My biggest concern for this team is Fulks. Dude has proven himself over the course of the season, but dude plays A LOT of minutes. That worries me over the long haul. If he goes down we are toast. And can he sustain? God bless Thomas, but he ain't Fulks.
    Thomas is a D2 player at best.

probably half of the student section was all of the other school teams that had a "mardi gras" parade at halftime, Saturday you will again be able to pick your seat there as they did their big push for the game against us. I know how games are there I have friend that have season tickets to several different USM sports and a daughter at school there and her boyfriend is the sports editor on campus and has to be at almost all sporting events on campus. Last night was not the rule, its been so bad that my daughter and a friend of mine were allowed to sit in floor seats just so it would look like there were people at a basketball game. Their average is similar to ours and last year they averaged around 500 a game. USM is just pushing that UL is their big rivalry and give away the house to get people to games against us. AKA six dollar tickets to the football game game that brought in every low class dirt bag in that county. or last night highly reduced seats for the double header.
    USM's lowest attended football game for a team that had not been to a bowl in 2 years: 22,128 (average of 25,131)

UL's lowest attended football game for a team coming off 3 of the most successful seasons in program history: 7,888 (average of 14,997 and HIGH of 20,671).

All I'm reading from that marketing strategy is that they are doing a better job than we are. Why WOULDN'T we push this as a rivalry? You think we aren't giving tickets away? We made our games lower than high school prices for the last two football games and still couldn't draw dick. You bring up the other teams being at the game yesterday. We did the same damn thing with academic honors for the game before Marshall and couldn't draw dick.

Them averaging 500 for games last year is a quickly disproven lie. As to their attendance this year, they've broken the 4K mark 5 times (5 straight). We've done it once. Take off the rose colored glasses.

5. Default Re: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

. . . I would hate to see what he sees if he takes off the glasses . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I agree. He was down for a long time too. Scared the $%!# out of me.
    he almost landed on my daughters boyfriend, I hope he got some good pictures of it

your right, I know nothing about USM, I live in MS my daughter is a senior there and here boyfriend is the sports editor for all sports campus wide and I'm in regular contact with the person that used to own the Rival Sports page for USM, so sorry to give facts that are given to me on a daily basis

Wow just realized Southern Miss actually lost to NSU. Earlier in the year. NSU is first in the Southland however right now.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Wow just realized Southern Miss actually lost to NSU. Earlier in the year. NSU is first in the Southland however right now.
    And we barely beat two terrible southland teams in uno and mcneese. Basketball is a weird game sometimes.

your right, I know nothing about USM, I live in MS my daughter is a senior there and here boyfriend is the sports editor for all sports campus wide and I'm in regular contact with the person that used to own the Rival Sports page for USM, so sorry to give facts that are given to me on a daily basis
    Published data vs. insight from your daughter and her boyfriend. YOU'RE right. I'm the _______.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    And we barely beat two terrible southland teams in uno and mcneese. Basketball is a weird game sometimes.
    Seeing that McNeese game sold me on this team not being good enough to compete for a conference title this year. Like you said basketball is weird. Nice to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Thomas is a D2 player at best.
    He’s Grayln Warner skinny. Limits his ability to drive and make a consistent difference.

13. Default Re: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    USM's lowest attended football game for a team that had not been to a bowl in 2 years: 22,128 (average of 25,131)

UL's lowest attended football game for a team coming off 3 of the most successful seasons in program history: 7,888 (average of 14,997 and HIGH of 20,671).
    Did they have a public season ticket drive?

I hate to keep beating this drum but I was having a convo yesterday morning with my dad in the hotel lobby and we were discussing how great USM’s support has been for decades. I told him the same thing I said in this post yesterday that I think they put everything into our game and they blew their wad. To back up that claim, I just looked at their website to see how ticket sales were going for the Monroe game tonight. They have practically the whole arena available minus the student section. Now I’m sure they will have some walk ups but the point remains. Their fans respond to playing us. Whether it’s in football basketball or baseball. It’s time that ours do the same. They should be our primary rival in ALL SPORTS going forward.

15. Default Re: Morning After Pill: Cajuns and Golden Eagles

I couldn't grasp how UL agreed to TX State being the natural rival in football, especially when Louisiana and USM have been playing for over 100 years.

The only thing that makes sense is that someone at UL likes the travel destination.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information