Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Mayeux new LCA Softball coach

Default Re: Melissa Mayeux new LCA Softball coach

Softball rule book already has “running up the score” addressed, So i guess she will be safe there from ire on here in that regard

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Don’t believe everything you hear.

And boys basketball has 3 state titles to footballs 4. Girls basketball has won 4 straight and are huge favorites to win this year and next. So…some of those other sports are. Baseball should continue to improve with the new facilities and Melissa being the softball coach may get that program going. We shall see.
    My thoughts aren’t from things I “hear”. I personally know student athletes that have been approached & recruited while already on other high school campuses. I also have personally been involved in pee-wee football leagues where they have contacted recruited players.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    My thoughts aren’t from things I “hear”. I personally know student athletes that have been approached & recruited while already on other high school campuses. I also have personally been involved in pee-wee football leagues where they have contacted recruited players.
    what do you think “open houses” are? all entities should always want their best foot forward and want more to have the desire to attend, buy, use, etc etc, whatever the product may be, than can actually do so. not sure why some get so upset if they think that involves sport, but dont care if it is band, math, computer science, JROTC, etc etc

if someone from outside a school is talking to someone on their campus, seems the lack of security at that place should be enough to justify them leaving regardless of if it is recruiting or not.

So what? IMO it needs to happen. Giving a student athlete options to improve oneself....That's a good thing. A very good thing.

So NIL money is OK for middle school athletes? SMH

And we wonder why we have evolved younger generations into a privileged society? Time to stop the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    So NIL money is OK for middle school athletes? SMH

And we wonder why we have evolved younger generations into a privileged society? Time to stop the madness.
    arent these folks in middle school?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    So what? IMO it needs to happen. Giving a student athlete options to improve oneself....That's a good thing. A very good thing.
    yep, one should almost be able to say “Giving a person options to improve oneself….That’s a good thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    if someone from outside a school is talking to someone on their campus, seems the lack of security at that place should be enough to justify them leaving regardless of if it is recruiting or not.
    Proving you have no clue what you’re taking about. “On campus” means a kid already enrolled in a high school. “Contact” I’m talking about is texts from coaches on the staff of recruiting school.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    So you’re saying breaking the rules of an organization you agree to be in should happen? The kids being recruited don’t need to attend another school to “better” themselves, they’re already being recruited by colleges. LCA does it to feed Pastor Jays ego so he can pound his chest saying he’s the Evangel of the South.

11. Default Re: Melissa Mayeux new LCA Softball coach

. . . So the kids don’t get a good education . . . nice facilities to play sports . . . and every opportunity to play at the next level if they are good enough . . .

Proving you have no clue what you’re taking about. “On campus” means a kid already enrolled in a high school. “Contact” I’m talking about is texts from coaches on the staff of recruiting school.
    could be either… also some schools have a policy that teachers and students should not exchange numbers, so there is that

So you’re saying breaking the rules of an organization you agree to be in should happen? The kids being recruited don’t need to attend another school to “better” themselves, they’re already being recruited by colleges. LCA does it to feed Pastor Jays ego so he can pound his chest saying he’s the Evangel of the South.
    Evangel was already in the south, lol

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Evangel was already in the south, lol
    over five years ago there were already 3,200 students attending “out of zone” in the six nearby parishes

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...ent/809870002/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information