Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Home Opponent

1. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

That’s a nice pickup. Good work.

Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

This is good. We got a home game and it's against an FBS team that's been to a bowl game 4 of the past 5 years.

I know it was 2017, but we drew 16k against NMSU. It was probably homecoming during Hud's way out.

Buffalo > NMSU. Will it result in better attendance? I've given up trying to predict that. But I for one am more excited about having a different opponent. A better one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Another dive to the bottom for UL Football....Expect another crowd under 8k...and no students...
    Who the hell do you want to schedule in this situation? From the attitude you've shown lately, the admin could have scheduled a home game with Alabama and you would still complain.

4. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Look, we thought we were either going to be playing an FCS opponent at home or a road FBS opponent at one point. We just picked up a quality FBS G5 opponent at home, this is the best we could do under the circumstances.

Buffalo > NMSU or any of the other options that were out there.

We now will have Nw State and Buffalo at home and Minnesota and UAB on the road. Nice out of conference slate to be honest with you.

5. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

we are now set for 2023, 2024 and 2025. Still have work to do for 2026 - 2030, but here is what we know for now:

Nw State
    @ UAB
    Buffalo
    @ Minnesota

Grambling
    @ Michigan State
    Tulane
    @NMSU

Rice
    McNeese
    @ EMU
    @ Missouri

UAB
    @ La Tech
    Still need a home game (FCS) and Road game (P5) using our scheduling plan

@ Tulane
    @ UCF
    still need a home FCS and a road home G5

Tulsa
    still need a road P5, home FCS and road G5

La Tech
    still need a home FCS, Road P5 and Road G5

@ Buffalo
    still need a home G5, road P5 and home FCS.

I’m very happy with the Buffalo addition. I’ll be in attendance. Put it in the win column!! Nice job scrambling in the pocket Dr. M.

Geaux Cajuns!!

Great get, Maggs! Quality G5 opponent at home!

Hopefully it will be a slightly warm Saturday. Buffalo will be jelly legged by halftime. Coming from Canada. Haha

Freaking A.

We replaced a bottom of the barrel contemporary with a much better contemporary.

So let's take a look at the "I'm ____ed at Ray Authement" check list.

"If they schedule an FCS team, it sucks and I'm not renewing my season tickets", or

"If they schedule a road game against a P5 team, it sucks and I'm not renewing my season tickets", or

"They scheduled a better than average G5 contemporary, it sucks and I'm not renewing my tickets."

Did I cover it all?

10. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Freaking A.

We replaced a bottom of the barrel contemporary with a much better contemporary.

"If they schedule an FCS team, it sucks and I'm not renewing my season tickets", or

"If they schedule a road game against a P5 team, it sucks and I'm not renewing my season tickets", or

"They scheduled a better than average G5 contemporary, it sucks and I'm not renewing my tickets."

Did I cover it all?
    Yes and then some

My opinion it’s a good get. I just hope the return game is not in the dead of winter!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Who the hell do you want to schedule in this situation? From the attitude you've shown lately, the admin could have scheduled a home game with Alabama and you would still complain.
    I just think, for better or worse, UL can do better. Our peer University's in the Belt seem to outschedule us on a regular basis...why is that? Somehow, we should always strive to do better, especially with scheduling ( and just about everything else the athletic department touches)...
    I'll be there, just don't think this moves the needle much for the program

13. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    My opinion it’s a good get. I just hope the return game is not in the dead of winter!
    I think AOC said the earth won’t exist by 2030. So no biggie.

14. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Freaking A.

Did I cover it all?
    I’ll take door C for all the money Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    AND, a upgrade over NMSU.
    And not a SLC/SWAC FCS team. Am I jumping with joy? No. Am I angry…yes, but not at Maggard. NMSU is dead to me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information