Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2023 Home Opponent

Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I thought UAB was in CUSA
    Not as of July 2023.

So have all of you that thought the sky was falling renew your tickets now that you know it’s an FBS 6th home game?

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    So have all of you that thought the sky was falling renew your tickets now that you know it’s an FBS 6th home game?
    That invoice is due at the end of April. So all that “we don’t know the schedule, and they tying to renew tickets, and sneak an FCS opponent in on us”, was all a bunch of hullabaloo. The schedule was obviously going to be released before the ticket renewal due date one way or the other.

Good opponent. Much better than NMSU and or Mcneese. Let’s get it!!!

Just Renewed.

Just renewed

Here to eat my serving of crow. Was surely doubting Maggard on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    I saw Alabama at Cajun
    field. I stood 4’5” at the time.
    I was there also, but a little taller. I also saw Terry Bradshaw at McNaspy Stadium!!! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I was there also, but a little taller. I also saw Terry Bradshaw at McNaspy Stadium!!! ��
    How about Staubach when he played for Pensacola Navy?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    How about Staubach when he played for Pensacola Navy?
    Saw him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Saw him as well.
    My dad was a student back then and told me he saw both as well. I remember his 1968 yearbook showing "Pensacola Navy" on the schedule along with Louisiana College.

I can only imagine the rants on here if we scheduled teams like those for our home games today.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The SBC did after all throw them out. I don’t believe they are too fond of anyone in the SBC.
    I believe the arrangement for NMSU to play football was temporary from the very start. They had hoped to stall long enought to join a Western based conference, I.E. MWC. Of course, it did not work out for them. That was not the fault of the SBC.

12. UL Football Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I believe the arrangement for NMSU to play football was temporary from the very start. They had hoped to stall long enought to join a Western based conference, I.E. MWC. Of course, it did not work out for them. That was not the fault of the SBC.
    Well I’m not saying they were treated badly, but to be honest nobody forgets being fired. They were an important cog in establishing SBC football. Of course nobody was sending their bowling team halfway across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m not sure, but I believe that some of these schools prefer to be called:

SM instead of USM
    GS instead of GSU
    OD instead of ODU
    South instead of USA
    stAte instead of ASU

As long as we’re trying to be fraternal, but there’s no hope for ULMost. I’m glad OD found a way to help us.
    I think it all depends on where you live. In Mississippi, USM is known simply as Southern and Mississippi State is known simply as State. Not saying this is what they preferred to be known as, but how the locals call them.

Your point is valid though, being fraternal to MOST of the conference and learning their preferred names would be good. However, I do not care what Covid Carolina wants to be called, as I will not show them that kind of respect. No issues with ULM and using their preferred name, as long as it isn't Louisiana

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information