Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Home Opponent

Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Nice out of conference slate to be honest with you.
    Define nice.

2. Default ESPN 1420 Cajuns Address Schedule Concerns with First-Time MAC Opponent

Cajun Nation rejoices as Louisiana Football has finalized their schedule by agreeing to a home-and-home with the University at Buffalo out of the MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Define nice.
    We will always have an FCS just like our peers. Home game against a G5 opponent from the MAC a peer conference, picked up at the last minute, to say the least. A winnable road game against an AAC team in UAB. A Big 10 game against a team that is not Ohio st or Michigan, where we will have a chance at Minnesota. Looks like a pretty good OOC schedule to me.

4. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Kudos to Dr. Maggard and Old Dominion.
    Lots of moving pieces makes it all the more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    We will always have an FCS just like our peers. Home game against a G5 opponent from the MAC a peer conference, picked up at the last minute, to say the least. A winnable road game against an AAC team in UAB. A Big 10 game against a team that is not Ohio st or Michigan, where we will have a chance at Minnesota. Looks like a pretty good OOC schedule to me.
    I thought UAB was in CUSA

So did ODU already start selling season tickets with Buffalo on the schedule and now it’s tam commerce?? That would be interesting news.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Next year is their first year in the American Athletic Conference.

8. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    . . . some here will not let you accentuate a positive about Louisiana without interrogation . . . good lawd almighty . . . it would nice if success in scheduling would be recognized once, just once . . .

9. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.

So many moving parts.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    I saw Alabama at Cajun
    field. I stood 4’5” at the time.
    Was sitting outside our camper at Cajun Field the Friday night when a fleet of Alabama motor homes came rolling in. Our little ole Winnebago and they roll up in a few Bluebird custom rigs. There was less than five USL folks with rigs there. Now it’s more common, not a novelty.

All things considered, getting Buffalo Bulls at Cajun Field this September is far better than another FCS game or flipping a home game into a road game.

Looking ahead at future home schedule years, we certainly need schedule upgrades for home games. Is it asking too much to get a P5 team in Cajun Field every third season? Is it feasible to reduce FCS games to every other year and still retain 6 home games? I do appreciate we have Tulane, Rice, and Tulsa at Cajun Field in near future so good job for that!

Not that I want it to happen, but it would be ironic (poetic justice?) if CDOA would implode this year and then NMSU would be begging for other schools to schedule them.

13. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    . . . Is it asking too much to get a P5 team in Cajun Field every third season? Is it feasible to reduce FCS games to every other year and still retain 6 home games? . . .
    . . . YES . . . NO . . .

14. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Was is the operative word. They’re moving to AAC in 23

15. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Not that I want it to happen, but it would be ironic (poetic justice?) if CDOA would implode this year and then NMSU would be begging for other schools to schedule them.
    The SBC did after all throw them out. I don’t believe they are too fond of anyone in the SBC.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information