Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Home Opponent

Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Some people will never be happy until Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Notre dame or Southern Cal visits Cajun Field. Which means they will never be happy.
    I saw Alabama at Cajun
    field. I stood 4’5” at the time.

Exponentially better than I expected. I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    7-6 last year, lost to Covid Carolina and ended the year winning one of the last 4 regular season games and beating GATA in a bowl.
    No offense, but you really don't seem to be a fan of anything that is done in our athletic department. I don't get it but I do hope you are able to become a fan again in the near future. You do bring a lot of good things to this board.

Quote Originally Posted by ULouisiana View Post
    Source - FBSchedules.com

“Louisiana added the 2023 contest against Buffalo after their home game against New Mexico State was canceled due to the Aggies moving to Conference USA. The Cajuns already had a Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) opponent scheduled and likely wanted to avoid playing a second.

Buffalo was previously scheduled to play at Old Dominion on Sept. 23, 2023, but the two schools mutually agreed to cancel the game so the Bulls could fill the opening on Louisiana’s 2023 slate. Old Dominion replaced Buffalo with a home contest against Texas A&M-Commerce”.
    This move helps both schools out. Great work by Doc to work this out.

5. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Another dive to the bottom for UL Football....Expect another crowd under 8k...and no students...
    Absolute best option outside a P5 investment game.

I actually like it. It's an FBS team that's been good the last few years, it's at home, and it's a team I've never seen play live.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    No offense, but you really don't seem to be a fan of anything that is done in our athletic department. I don't get it but I do hope you are able to become a fan again in the near future. You do bring a lot of good things to this board.
    Thanks, I just think we can do better, regardless of circumstances...ive never stopped being a fan. I see our peers in the Belt doing the aggressive work to build interest in thier programs, while we appear neutral or taking a step back...scheduling included

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    I saw Alabama at Cajun
    field. I stood 4’5” at the time.
    I was 17 and bussing tables at Hub City Diner at the time. A bunch of them came in and I remember how fkn obnoxious they were. Every 5 minutes was tables yelling "ROLL TIDE" back and forth to each other.

Apparently, Old Dominion did us a favor. They dropped Buffalo from their schedule to allow them to schedule the Cajuns at home.

Old Dominion did not have a FCS opponent on their schedule and by dropping Buffalo they scheduled Texas A&M – Commerce out of the Southland.

I guess we owe Old Dominion a favor.
    Maybe we covered some or all of the cost ODU would pay A&M Commerce?

Source - FBSchedules.com

“Louisiana added the 2023 contest against Buffalo after their home game against New Mexico State was canceled due to the Aggies moving to Conference USA. The Cajuns already had a Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) opponent scheduled and likely wanted to avoid playing a second.

Buffalo was previously scheduled to play at Old Dominion on Sept. 23, 2023, but the two schools mutually agreed to cancel the game so the Bulls could fill the opening on Louisiana’s 2023 slate. Old Dominion replaced Buffalo with a home contest against Texas A&M-Commerce”.
    A great example of being cooperative conference members. This is how working together can help raise the entire conference's profile. ODU showing they are a valued addition to the Sun Belt in their 1st season.

11. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    A great example of being cooperative conference members. This is how working together can help raise the entire conference's profile. ODU showing they are a valued addition to the Sun Belt in their 1st season.
    I’m not sure, but I believe that some of these schools prefer to be called:

SM instead of USM
    GS instead of GSU
    OD instead of ODU
    South instead of USA
    stAte instead of ASU

As long as we’re trying to be fraternal, but there’s no hope for ULMost. I’m glad OD found a way to help us.

The average fan won't appreciate this. But for those who follow more college football than the top P5, this game is a good get considering everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Right, and they likely get an auto W that won't hurt their ability to be bowl eligible.

Kudos to Dr. Maggard and Old Dominion.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m not sure, but I believe that some of these schools prefer to be called:

SM instead of USM
    GS instead of GSU
    OD instead of ODU
    South instead of USA
    stAte instead of ASU

As long as we’re trying to be fraternal, but there’s no hope for ULMost. I’m glad OD found a way to help us.
    I’m pretty sure it’s ODU. Their branding is ODU with a crown at the top. I agree with everything else.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information