Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Home Opponent

1. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And not a SLC/SWAC FCS team. Am I jumping with joy? No. Am I angry…yes, but not at Maggard. NMSU is dead to me.
    NMSU was also in a no win situation. I’m not holding animosity towards them. But I’m also not forgetting that they didn’t help with in any way possible.

Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Apparently, Old Dominion did us a favor. They dropped Buffalo from their schedule to allow them to schedule the Cajuns at home.

Old Dominion did not have a FCS opponent on their schedule and by dropping Buffalo they scheduled Texas A&M – Commerce out of the Southland.

I guess we owe Old Dominion a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Hopefully it will be a slightly warm Saturday. Buffalo will be jelly legged by halftime. Coming from Canada. Haha
    Think EMU this past year. Stuck it to us in the first. Looked more than 2 steps slow in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Another dive to the bottom for UL Football....Expect another crowd under 8k...and no students...
    I hope that is sarcasm? What more did you expect at this point when most schedules are made years in advance?

5. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Think EMU this past year. Stuck it to us in the first. Looked more than 2 steps slow in the second.
    Too bad there wasn’t a two hour lightning delay in the Independence Bowl. Probably coming back to overwhelm Houston.

I just think, for better or worse, UL can do better. Our peer University's in the Belt seem to outschedule us on a regular basis...why is that? Somehow, we should always strive to do better, especially with scheduling ( and just about everything else the athletic department touches)...
    I'll be there, just don't think this moves the needle much for the program
    Considering the situation this late you really can’t ask for much more. Great home game addition at this point.

IS NMSU subject to any sort of payment/punishment for backing out?

Quote Originally Posted by ULouisiana View Post
    Apparently, Old Dominion did us a favor. They dropped Buffalo from their schedule to allow them to schedule the Cajuns at home.

Old Dominion did not have a FCS opponent on their schedule and by dropping Buffalo they scheduled Texas A&M – Commerce out of the Southland.

I guess we owe Old Dominion a favor.
    If true that is beyond awesome! Very grateful!

I just think, for better or worse, UL can do better. Our peer University's in the Belt seem to outschedule us on a regular basis...why is that? Somehow, we should always strive to do better, especially with scheduling ( and just about everything else the athletic department touches)...
    I'll be there, just don't think this moves the needle much for the program
    You may be right and that comment rings more true with the original scheduling of NMST the independent, at the time, desperate for a game. The last minute scrambling to try and pick up any G5 opponent is not the time to complain about scheduling quality opponents. Doc was lucky to find any opponent to come to cajun field at this point.

Source - FBSchedules.com

“Louisiana added the 2023 contest against Buffalo after their home game against New Mexico State was canceled due to the Aggies moving to Conference USA. The Cajuns already had a Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) opponent scheduled and likely wanted to avoid playing a second.

Buffalo was previously scheduled to play at Old Dominion on Sept. 23, 2023, but the two schools mutually agreed to cancel the game so the Bulls could fill the opening on Louisiana’s 2023 slate. Old Dominion replaced Buffalo with a home contest against Texas A&M-Commerce”.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Who the hell do you want to schedule in this situation? From the attitude you've shown lately, the admin could have scheduled a home game with Alabama and you would still complain.
    Some people will never be happy until Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Notre dame or Southern Cal visits Cajun Field. Which means they will never be happy.

12. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Some people will never be happy until Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Notre dame or Southern Cal visits Cajun Field. Which means they will never be happy.
    Only if they all come in the same season.

13. Default Re: 2023 Home Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by ULouisiana View Post
    Source - FBSchedules.com

“Louisiana added the 2023 contest against Buffalo after their home game against New Mexico State was canceled due to the Aggies moving to Conference USA. The Cajuns already had a Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) opponent scheduled and likely wanted to avoid playing a second.

Buffalo was previously scheduled to play at Old Dominion on Sept. 23, 2023, but the two schools mutually agreed to cancel the game so the Bulls could fill the opening on Louisiana’s 2023 slate. Old Dominion replaced Buffalo with a home contest against Texas A&M-Commerce”.
    Great work and thanks ODU for being so accommodating.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I think people are upset It's been 13 years since the last P5 team came to cajun field.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    That was a good get based on the circumstances
    It could have been much worse!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information