Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How was the Signing Day event?

Default How was the Signing Day event?

Any recon?

2. Default Re: How was the Signing Day event?

Came here to ask the same.

Can anyone share details? Pictures?

Did any media show up to cover the event? I heard Des on the radio this morning, so apparently there was some coverage..

Default Re: How was the Signing Day event?

I thought the function was great. Half hour social with beer and wine. Then all coaches spoke to highlight the recruits in their coaching responsibility. Does recognized the tireless effort of the whole staff. Done by 7pm.

Mr Walker was the MC. Boomer made a guest appearance.

4. Default Re: How was the Signing Day event?

Outside of the players and coaches, anyone under 60 at the event?
    I'm confused as to why the bash has changed from what it was to what it is...

5. Default Re: How was the Signing Day event?

I believe that we’ve had this or a similar social since the advent of the December signing period. The NCAA wanted to deemphasize the show it had become. This February is definitely a step back from those days for program fan bases.

6. Default Re: How was the Signing Day event?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I believe that we’ve had this or a similar social since the advent of the December signing period. The NCAA wanted to deemphasize the show it had become. This February is definitely a step back from those days for program fan bases.
    Mostly trying to figure out if the admin thought the way we ran the bash under Hud was not a success. Or too much cost for the ROI. I went to two of them and thought they were top notch, great for celebrating the recruits and a nice way for fans to get involved. Looked good in the media, especially nationally. Good recruiting tool for RCAF as well.

7. UL Football Re: How was the Signing Day event?

Totally agree MAT. We had one of the best even compared to a majority of the P5. Destin Cajun and I used to attend those. We also got to meet some who enrolled for the spring semester. The food, liquor, and overall ambiance was outstanding.

I personally had been going since they were in the Hyman Center. Those days were about 3-5 hundred supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not a great number. Most of those under 60 aren’t QB Club members or donate enough to get an invite. My 34 y/o was there.

My guess would be the split signing day has taken some of the bang out of the February date. It is just not as a big as it once was.

It was a well organized show with several signees doing cameos about their decision to join the cULture. Position coaches took turns talking about their respective signees and Des closed the meeting. Drinks were flowing and the crowd was decent IMO.

You had to be at a certain RCAF donation level or QB club member to be invited. However there was no sign in process. Anyone could have walked in. The videos were shown in the auditorium of the APC. Comfortable for attendees.

Mostly trying to figure out if the admin thought the way we ran the bash under Hud was not a success. Or too much cost for the ROI. I went to two of them and thought they were top notch, great for celebrating the recruits and a nice way for fans to get involved. Looked good in the media, especially nationally. Good recruiting tool for RCAF as well.
    This was an RCAF event for members that give at the $3000 level and above. That's what I was told. Nothing that was shared at this event would not be covered on the Athletic site. The media had their own press conference early in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You had to be at a certain RCAF donation level or QB club member to be invited. However there was no sign in process. Anyone could have walked in. The videos were shown in the auditorium of the APC. Comfortable for attendees.
    Note, the video of LB Emiliano Soldevilla from the Houston area is the one that stood out to me. Quick first step, runs with purpose to ball carrier, and tackles fundamentally well. I will let other attendees mention which video made an impression on them.

14. Default Re: How was the Signing Day event?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    It was a well organized show with several signees doing cameos about their decision to join the cULture. Position coaches took turns talking about their respective signees and Des closed the meeting. Drinks were flowing and the crowd was decent IMO.
    …..Thought it to be a really good function……Legend’s bar service….so many support staff present…..visiting with coaches……great videos of recruits and comments by their future coaches meeting depth requirements……wish we could have had a Q and A session but it was getting on in the night!……Anybody pick up on any recruits we lost to other schools?

15. Default Re: How was the Signing Day event?

Was the band there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information