Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana: 'We feel like we got the state's best player at quarterback'

1. UL Football Louisiana: 'We feel like we got the state's best player at quarterback'

Louisiana football stamped its 2023 recruiting class on National Signing Day and what better way to close it than believing you landed the state's best player at the 11th hour.

Default Re: Louisiana football OC: 'We feel like we got the state's best player at quarterback'

It will be an interesting off season. If Lunch is as good as advertised you gonna have your 2 most God given talented QBs, being a RS Freshman and a true Freshman. Along with your 2 most experienced, if Ben’s rehab goes as scheduled. Curious to see how this plays out.

If I were a betting man my money would be on ZC to win the job.

Default Re: Louisiana football OC: 'We feel like we got the state's best player at quarterback'

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    It will be an interesting off season. If Lunch is as good as advertised you gonna have your 2 most God given talented QBs, being a RS Freshman and a true Freshman. Along with your 2 most experienced, if Ben’s rehab goes as scheduled. Curious to see how this plays out.

If I were a betting man my money would be on ZC to win the job.
    ZC just seems to have that muscle twitch that nobody else in that room will have. I agree.

4. UL Football Re: Louisiana football OC: 'We feel like we got the state's best player at quarterback'

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    ZC just seems to have that muscle twitch that nobody else in that room will have. I agree.
    IMO
    A & 1A ZC & DW aka Lunch
    C Ben
    D Fields

Clearly I’m down with the best in practice should start, but Lunch needs maturation and experience
    Ben won’t have any spring training and nobody knows about the fall season. Fields might start but appears to be too small to hold up. Thus ZC is my 2023 starter going forward.

5. Default Re: Louisiana football OC: 'We feel like we got the state's best player at quarterback'

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    IMO
    A & 1A ZC & DW aka Lunch
    C Ben
    D Fields

Clearly I’m down with the best in practice should start, but Lunch needs maturation and experience
    Ben won’t have any spring training and nobody knows about the fall season. Fields might start but appears to be too small to hold up. Thus ZC is my 2023 starter going forward.
    Look, clearly things can change, but I see:

Chandler starting the season as the #1
    Zeon Chriss as the #2 (mostly because Ben won't have the practice time that the others will have).
    Ben at #3 as he works himself back into shape
    DW/Lunch as #4 mostly because we can use a RS on him.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Louisiana football stamped its 2023 recruiting class on National Signing Day and what better way to close it than believing you landed the state's best player at the 11th hour.

i like the take because Arch Manning was playing in the state at QB. Go on record saying we got someone better than him, its bold, and its refreshing, and it should be a take more people across the board in all our sports should have moving forward.

7. Default Re: Louisiana football OC: 'We feel like we got the state's best player at quarterback'

. . Positivity . . . In posting . . . Refreshing . . .

8. Default Re: Louisiana football OC: 'We feel like we got the state's best player at quarterback'

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    i like the take because Arch Manning was playing in the state at QB. Go on record saying we got someone better than him, its bold, and its refreshing, and it should be a take more people across the board in all our sports should have moving forward.
    We’re fortunate to get this young man. No doubt, according to Lunch himself, we owe the signing to CMD who he loves for several years.

I believe he’s a lot like Brian Mitchell vs Tommy Hodson & Terrance Jones for Tulane. IMO he was the best player of that group for college quarterback.

Manning probably will have a great career at Texas, but Lunch is way more valuable to us than Manning would be. Of course all that is based on their uninjured status like Smart and Kobe Julian in basketball. I’d love to see how that would have played out without injury and cheating scandal for lilWillie.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Look, clearly things can change, but I see:

Chandler starting the season as the #1
    Zeon Chriss as the #2 (mostly because Ben won't have the practice time that the others will have).
    Ben at #3 as he works himself back into shape
    DW/Lunch as #4 mostly because we can use a RS on him.
    This will be the Zeon Chriss show.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    I believe we got the best QB in state last year also. the head to head meetings was eye opening. again, the name, hype was just better for the other guy. Crazy to think we did it 2 years in a row.

I predict another QB lost in the portal after spring ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    I believe we got the best QB in state last year also. the head to head meetings was eye opening. again, the name, hype was just better for the other guy. Crazy to think we did it 2 years in a row.
    Consider he had legitimate offers from Virginia and UCF, and the staff didn't offer him until December, he's a major get.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I predict another QB lost in the portal after spring ball.
    I know it won’t be Chandler. Ben is recovering from an ACL so doubt anyone takes him. That leaves Zeon. You think maybe Billy at Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I know it won’t be Chandler. Ben is recovering from an ACL so doubt anyone takes him. That leaves Zeon. You think maybe Billy at Florida?
    No, Zeon is staying. Billy took the QB from Wisconsin.

Well, looking at the roster, we only have 2 healthy QB's for spring ball. That's kind of crazy considering we had 8 on the roster heading into the 2021 fall season. I wonder if we can lure HH back? There are well over 20+ QB's without a team in the portal. Hard to believe we won't be looking for a transfer. Of course, there are players on the team that have played QB in HS, so they can always pull that card to get them to August.

Interesting....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information