Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Chantz Ceaser Nice Pickup for the Cajuns

1. Default Re: Nice Pickup for the Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Can you tell us who were the 2 or 3 better than him that night? Where did they sign? Just curious.
    Torey Lambert RB Brother Martin--ETSU
    Clayton Lonardo WR/RB/QB Brother Martin SLU

Default Re: Nice Pickup for the Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Torey Lambert RB Brother Martin--ETSU
    Clayton Lonardo WR/RB/QB Brother Martin SLU
    Torey had grade concerns, he simply didn't have many options. All his offers were early, that's why he had committed to Texas St.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Another PWO...
    Jace Phillip
    6'2" 260 lbs
    Louisiana

Class: 2023 HS: St. James Pos: OL
    PWO
    Peyton Polk
    OL 6-4,300
    Haughton, La.

PWO
    Jaden Allison
    DE 6-3,230
    Angleton HS, TX

PWO
    Bryant Merriwether
    DB 6-1,190
    Roseline HS, La

PWO
    Andrew Martinez
    OL 6-4,285
    John Curtis HS, La.

POW
    Zach Thomas
    OL 6-4,285
    Riverdale HS, La.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    The Baylis kid puzzles me. From DII SW Baptist to FBS UL. That jump doesn’t happen much. Anyone know his story?

https://ragincajuns.com/news/2023/2/...-class-of-2023
    Baylis was an OLB in HS and was injured his senior year. Because of his injury, his only offers were D2 and JC. The guy that trained him is a professional trainer that knows Brad Bustle. He is now over 6-3, 280 and has a large wing span and quick first step.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Baylis was an OLB in HS and was injured his senior year. Because of his injury, his only offers were D2 and JC. The guy that trained him is a professional trainer that knows Brad Bustle. He is now over 6-3, 280 and has a large wing span and quick first step.
    With out the injury would he have been recruited by DI's?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    With out the injury would he have been recruited by DI's?
    He’s a lot like Hall Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    https://www.ncsasports.org/football-...antoine-baylis

Here are some highlights and a personal note about playing college ball.
    Give me guys like this all day long. A little better than average talent coupled with massive internal drive with a chip on their shoulders.

Tony would have loved him.

8. Default Re: When the coaching staff is high on a recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Speaking of being high on talent, is Jaylen Lawrence talented enough to get a preferred walk-on offer, inspite of whatever it is he did?

Likewise, is Chantz Ceaser still a consideration?
    For some reason I thought Chantz already said he was coming to the Cajuns. But I could be wrong.

Default Re: When the coaching staff is high on a recruit

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    For some reason I thought Chantz already said he was coming to the Cajuns. But I could be wrong.
    Committed in Feb...PWO?

10. Default Re: Nice Pickup for the Cajuns

PWO stands for Prefered Walk On, which means you're guaranteed a spot on the roster. A walk on is just that, you walk on....and if I recall, you don't sign papers with PWO...

Preferred walk-on offer
    Not all offers come with a monetary reward. Sometimes, the reward is simply a spot on the roster. Walk-ons are far more common in college sports than most families and student-athletes realize. It’s important to understand the distinctions between the different types of walk-ons as you navigate the recruiting process.

What is a preferred walk on?
    A preferred walk-on offer means the coach would like you on the team but cannot (or won’t) offer any financial assistance at least for the first year.

Can preferred walk-ons earn a scholarship? Yes, they can earn a scholarship going into a second season, but nothing is guaranteed. Some student-athletes will turn down scholarship offers at smaller schools to play for a bigger program as a preferred walk-on.

Do preferred walk-ons sign on signing day?
    Technically, preferred walk-ons don’t have anything to sign on Signing Day, as they aren’t receiving an athletic scholarship. However, walk-ons are an essential part of a successful team, and college coaches want to celebrate their signing, as well. Ask your future coach about having something to sign, especially if your school is throwing a Signing day party. Don’t forget to rep your new school with some gear!

Recruited walk-on offer
    A recruited walk-on offer means there is interest from the coach but no financial assistance and you must still earn a spot on the team through additional try outs or summer training camp. Although there is no financial assistance or even a guarantee of making the team, some student-athletes still view a recruited walk-on offer as a great opportunity to be play at the highest level of competition.

Unrecruited walk-on offer
    Typically, this is when a student-athlete qualifies for admission to the school and plans to join the team through an open tryout. In this scenario, there is usually a conversation with the college coach prior to enrollment to confirm the student-athlete will be able to try out for the team.

There is a lot to consider with any type of walk-on offer. This is especially true if you have scholarship offers from other schools.

As far as paying for school, please see https://studentaid.gov/understand-ai...s/scholarships

Basically, with various means to pay for the first year of college and beyond, these PWO's don't need a scholarship, but they do need to be on the team to earn one if available.
    Nice explanation.

I'd forgotten the old days when you thought you could be helpful to RW&B

I've thrown in the towel on ever helping that goober...

12. Default Re: Nice Pickup for the Cajuns

I've thrown in the towel on ever helping that goober...
    Exhibit evidence that you tried.

Default Re: Chantz Ceaser Nice Pickup for the Cajuns

Is free rent a form of NIL?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information