Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chantz Ceaser Nice Pickup for the Cajuns

Default Re: Nice Pickup for the Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by STPacronym View Post
    This is always so puzzling to me. Why are you Googling a message board, when there is an actual search engine to go to directly and get answers for yourself? Furthermore, can you not simply go to ragincajuns.com and look this up for yourself?

https://ragincajuns.com/news/2023/2/...-class-of-2023
    i don't see the acronym pwo or the corresponding words anywhere in the page that link brings one to

2. Default Re: Nice Pickup for the Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    My daughter didn’t teach Chantz but says he is one of the best kids to attend Carencro since she’s been there, probably longer.
    That is great news, I don't know the kid personally, just what I saw of him in the SemiFinal game vs BM. The kid is a special athlete, he was the best player on the field not wearing Garnett and Gold. That said he was still in the top 3 or 4 of all of the athletes that played that night.

Thing that I found interesting was that he was the starting QB and did a nice job overall, mostly with his legs, not his passing. His passing was not bad, just not great. But more importantly he lined up as a DE for almost every play and was very good on the defensive side of the ball. He is probably undersized for a DE in FBS football, but I could clearly see him playing in a role similar to Jordan Quiodeaux, now don't get me wrong, he is listed at 6'3 210. If he can put some extra size on that body, who knows he could be similar to Andre Jones. I don't know how his hands are, but also could be a hybrid WR/TE as well if he can catch at all.

Great Athlete/Great Kid, that is the kind of player we want on the team, even if he doesn't reach the potential I think he can.

He is also about a year and a half removed from a terrible injury from the 2021 season, ironically vs BM in a regular season game. In that game he tore his ACL, LCL and dislocated his right knee.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Back to the topic of PWO...noticed 2 more, a Tackle from John Curtis, Martinez, 6'4 270 and a OL from Teurlings, Kohl?...
    Fixed it for you

With a name like Caesar maybe a mardi gras themed NIL could be looked at again.

And is first name Chantz? Could maybe incorporate a play on words into an NIL (or at least some trash talk) when we take on the Cant’s (covid CC chants?)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Be nice to fellow posters . . . I thought that was the RP New Year’s resolution . . .
    he doesnt read the posts or the preceding posts that were being responded to, he just has some kind of a google alert for everytime I post and he responds back with generic pat answers that could apply to any situation regardless of topic. silly me i read the post first, not the name, often times i never even end up reading the name afterwards

6. Default Re: Nice Pickup for the Cajuns

Also, I know we did not have a need for a RB, but dissappointed to see BM running back Torey Lambert not picked up. He ended up signing with ETSU and before anyone says he did not sign with an FBS school, he had plenty of offers and was originally committed to Texas State. Texas State, UL, Marshall, Memphis and Nevada originally made offers to him.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Also, I know we did not have a need for a RB, but dissappointed to see BM running back Torey Lambert not picked up. He ended up signing with ETSU and before anyone says he did not sign with an FBS school, he had plenty of offers and was originally committed to Texas State. Texas State, UL, Marshall, Memphis and Nevada originally made offers to him.
    ugggh. that is dissapointimg. Is his brother still at nevada?

8. Default Re: Nice Pickup for the Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    ugggh. that is dissapointimg. Is his brother still at nevada?
    I think he was on the Colorado State roster last year, but don't see any stats for him. Probably a RS for them, he is listed as a DB.

Another PWO...
    Jace Phillip
    6'2" 260 lbs
    Louisiana

Class: 2023 HS: St. James Pos: OL

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Back to the topic of PWO...noticed 2 more, a Tackle from John Curtis, Martinez, 6'4 270 and a OL from Twirling a, Kohl?...

It would be helpful if a list of PWO was published...
    Hayes.

The Baylis kid puzzles me. From DII SW Baptist to FBS UL. That jump doesn’t happen much. Anyone know his story?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    The Baylis kid puzzles me. From DII SW Baptist to FBS UL. That jump doesn’t happen much. Anyone know his story?

https://www.ncsasports.org/football-...antoine-baylis

Here are some highlights and a personal note about playing college ball.

13. Default Re: Nice Pickup for the Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    https://www.ncsasports.org/football-...antoine-baylis

Here are some highlights and a personal note about playing college ball.
    Thanks, and that’s probably the truth as he sees himself. That’s a characteristic of successful players and also players who don’t know they’ve reached their Peter principle plateau.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    That is great news, I don't know the kid personally, just what I saw of him in the SemiFinal game vs BM. The kid is a special athlete, he was the best player on the field not wearing Garnett and Gold. That said he was still in the top 3 or 4 of all of the athletes that played that night.

Thing that I found interesting was that he was the starting QB and did a nice job overall, mostly with his legs, not his passing. His passing was not bad, just not great. But more importantly he lined up as a DE for almost every play and was very good on the defensive side of the ball. He is probably undersized for a DE in FBS football, but I could clearly see him playing in a role similar to Jordan Quiodeaux, now don't get me wrong, he is listed at 6'3 210. If he can put some extra size on that body, who knows he could be similar to Andre Jones. I don't know how his hands are, but also could be a hybrid WR/TE as well if he can catch at all.

Great Athlete/Great Kid, that is the kind of player we want on the team, even if he doesn't reach the potential I think he can.

He is also about a year and a half removed from a terrible injury from the 2021 season, ironically vs BM in a regular season game. In that game he tore his ACL, LCL and dislocated his right knee.
    Can you tell us who were the 2 or 3 better than him that night? Where did they sign? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by BBcajun View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Thanks...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information