Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

1. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Regardless of how we dice, slice and splice, this was a very special era in Louisiana's history.

Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Curious the tee shirts for sale. I’ll be looking for a “TM” on the image. Being the UL Alumni Association is the benefactor, we can only hope after “nipplehead” and “hot wheels” UL is getting serious about a real mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    How in the world could Russel have taken away from the school brand, when he didn't' perform anywhere else (locally/regionally)??
    Russell also did a long interview with Kevin Foote, and that subject came up—he said he was told he was a distraction from the cheerleaders, band, and even the game. He also said the university was trying to promote the pepper as the “official” mascot, so it was agreed he’d retire…..

30 bucks a pop…

5. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

. . . that’s high for a pop . . .

The Cajun Chicken did not disappoint especially when he did the Chinese Spy Balloon act. That’s the kind of cleverness that made him a legend years ago. We sat with some friends whose kids have never seen him and loved every minute of his act.

If I’m the university, I’m asking him to train our next mascot. I don’t care if it’s even using some of his acts. It would attract people to our games.

Cajun Chicken!!! This needs to be the official mascot! Who has a chicken as a mascot? Louisiana Ragin Cajuns that’s who!!! Always should of been the official mascot

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread Information