Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

1. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    So I would guess we’re upgrading from our annual visit from Red Panda to one night of the Fabulous Cajun Chicken. Nice move UL, FCC will draw better than RP.
    Red Panda is very talented and fun as a halftime entertainment, but I will take the FCC over the RP all day long!!!!!

I attended UL between 88-93 and loved every minute of the Chicken, glad he is back even if for only 1 night. I unfortunately will not be able to attend the game as I am flying out for work at 5:30 AM the next morning and need my beauty sleep.

2. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

UL absolutely needs to offer to buy the FCC persona. Get several costumes and run annual auditions by the students who learn the classics. The original FCC should be a judge and create new skits as long as he’s able to or wants to.

IMO he never took away from the action, but added lots to the games.

Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    UL absolutely needs to offer to buy the FCC persona. Get several costumes and run annual auditions by the students who learn the classics. The original FCC should be a judge and create new skits as long as he’s able to or wants to.

IMO he never took away from the action, but added lots to the games.
    This is a great Idea. Maybe it should be a student with a couple of apprentices.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    They got rid of him because it was offensive to Chickens.
    especially chickenhawks and covid cants

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Bro clearly did not get the joke
    that was gold

i think cajuns mike mentioned oil company and pension. so is he nearimg that milestone and coming back to start the role up again and maybe train a new flock?

7. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    In 1999, the administrators called me in for a meeting. They told me I was getting too popular, becoming too much of a distraction. People didn't want to see the band, they didn't want to see the team. They wanted to see me perform. I wasn't an official mascot. And I was taking away from the students & the school brand. I agreed with that assessment & we decided I should retire.

That's for sure the take I got from the interview. But what do I know.
    I definitely remember the supposed "distraction" controversy.

8. Tickets Podcast: Great Scott Show (2-1-23)

Scott was back in the studio to kickoff February with a breakdown of the Sean Payton trade to Denver, the Saints return, the state of the Pelicans after a dreadful January, UL hoops, UL softball, and more.Plus, interviews with the Fabulous Cajun Chicken, and UL softball coach Gerry Glasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Answer: He was too popular. One more confirmation why this school has the worst administration of any in America. You ____ can someone because they're too good? Perfect example of a group think which says we are so small minded & scared of success, we will do whatever it takes to stay middle of the pack at best.
    Tell us you have no clue what you're talking about without telling us

10. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Give or take some minute nuances, Bandwagon King is accurately retelling the frustration story from the perspective of the person who created the Fabulous Cajun Chicken persona, lived it and made it into Cajun lore.

As woke as UL is becoming, the FCC may soon stand for Flaming Cajun Chicken...

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I would assume....ESPNLafayette or ESPN1420 or The Goat or whatever the crap they are calling themselves now. Kyle is the only person that listens to them anymore, that and I think some guy named Rodney. They have officially two callers and those are the two, Rodney only talks about NBA and the Lakers and Kyle has weird takes on just about everything.

I stopped listening a while back because it got so bad, with the exception of Scott Prather all of the local talent that they have (and it is few and far between) is CRAP!!!!!

I will occasionally try to listen on Tuesday's because Scott will interview either (Dez, Marlin, Broadhead, Glasgo and/or Deggs.) Outside of that it is complete useless, mindless crap.

Lyndon Burton and the other guy who they took off the air are terrible and only want to talk about the Pels and the NBA, most of Burton show is listening to entire press conferences. The guys who replace Scott when he is on vacation are a little better but still crap.

And the callers are worse then the talent.

If this is how the interview went and I have not heard it yet and don't plan on it, but if it is, then that is a different story then we have all been told for years. The official story was that the gentleman that was doing it as a volunteer moved away when he was offered a transfer with the company he was working for and they no longer wanted to do it without him as the person inside the suit.

If that story has changed, then this is the first anyone is hearing of this.
    At one time did Jay Walker ban BWK or did BWK simply disappear for awhile?

13. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    At one time did Jay Walker ban BWK or did BWK simply disappear for awhile?
    I am not sure. I have heard by some of the former on air talent, how frustrated they get with Kyle's calls.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I am not sure. I have heard by some of the former on air talent, how frustrated they get with Kyle's calls.
    Loved BWK’s calls until they’d get off the rails. Then I treated that just like TTT. Click.

Wasnt he a mardi gras character for a while as well, if so doesnt 100% fit the narrative that he couldnt do cajun chicken because he had to move for work

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information