Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    You weren't even born yet. So sit there & be quiet.
    Bro clearly did not get the joke

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Where/when was the interview? That would be a good listen if it's available.
    Agreed. BWK, we need the interview!

This morning on 103.3. I think they archive. It was in the 7 o'clock hour.

Thanks!

On the Great Scott show?

He was an oil field engineer for a major company who was transferred. He did did not move completely voluntarily. However when you have a chance to gain retirement with one of those companies you stay till the end.

In 1999, the administrators called me in for a meeting. They told me I was getting too popular, becoming too much of a distraction. People didn't want to see the band, they didn't want to see the team. They wanted to see me perform. I wasn't an official mascot. And I was taking away from the students & the school brand. I agreed with that assessment & we decided I should retire.

That's for sure the take I got from the interview. But what do I know.
    How in the world could Russel have taken away from the school brand, when he didn't' perform anywhere else (locally/regionally)??

8. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

I would assume....ESPNLafayette or ESPN1420 or The Goat or whatever the crap they are calling themselves now. Kyle is the only person that listens to them anymore, that and I think some guy named Rodney. They have officially two callers and those are the two, Rodney only talks about NBA and the Lakers and Kyle has weird takes on just about everything.

I stopped listening a while back because it got so bad, with the exception of Scott Prather all of the local talent that they have (and it is few and far between) is CRAP!!!!!

I will occasionally try to listen on Tuesday's because Scott will interview either (Dez, Marlin, Broadhead, Glasgo and/or Deggs.) Outside of that it is complete useless, mindless crap.

Lyndon Burton and the other guy who they took off the air are terrible and only want to talk about the Pels and the NBA, most of Burton show is listening to entire press conferences. The guys who replace Scott when he is on vacation are a little better but still crap.

And the callers are worse then the talent.

If this is how the interview went and I have not heard it yet and don't plan on it, but if it is, then that is a different story then we have all been told for years. The official story was that the gentleman that was doing it as a volunteer moved away when he was offered a transfer with the company he was working for and they no longer wanted to do it without him as the person inside the suit.

If that story has changed, then this is the first anyone is hearing of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    He was an oil field engineer for a major company who was transferred. He did did not move completely voluntarily. However when you have a chance to gain retirement with one of those companies you stay till the end.
    Whatever, the Cajun Chicken was hands down the best mascot in the whole freaking country at a time when there was precious little reason to go to certain events. He was the event. And he was unceramoniously put out to pasture & sent away by the powers that be of the university because he was too good. I always believed it, but didn't have the confirmation until this morning. Now I know no matter how many useful idiots come on here & apologize for the worst university administration in the history of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I would assume....ESPNLafayette or ESPN1420 or The Goat or whatever the crap they are calling themselves now. Kyle is the only person that listens to them anymore, that and I think some guy named Rodney. They have officially two callers and those are the two, Rodney only talks about NBA and the Lakers and Kyle has weird takes on just about everything.

I stopped listening a while back because it got so bad, with the exception of Scott Prather all of the local talent that they have (and it is few and far between) is CRAP!!!!!

I will occasionally try to listen on Tuesday's because Scott will interview either (Dez, Marlin, Broadhead, Glasgo and/or Deggs.) Outside of that it is complete useless, mindless crap.

Lyndon Burton and the other guy who they took off the air are terrible and only want to talk about the Pels and the NBA, most of Burton show is listening to entire press conferences. The guys who replace Scott when he is on vacation are a little better but still crap.

And the callers are worse then the talent.

If this is how the interview went and I have not heard it yet and don't plan on it, but if it is, then that is a different story then we have all been told for years. The official story was that the gentleman that was doing it as a volunteer moved away from town and they no longer wanted to do it without him as the person inside the suit.

If that story has changed, then this is the first anyone is hearing of this.
    And once again, you have no argument against the truth so you attack the character of anyone involved with it's source. Good for you Dave.

11. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Thanks, Mike that is the story that I had heard for about the last 15 years.

12. Default Re: Why did UL get rid of the Cajun Chicken?

And once again, you have no argument against the truth so you attack the character of anyone involved with it's source. Good for you Dave.
    I did not attack anyone's character. I attacked the lack of talent on the air and the fact that they have very few callers and those guys don't have much to say either. That is not attacking anyone's character, that is questioning their talent and views.

Huge difference, sir.

I did not attack anyone's character. I attacked the lack of talent on the air and the fact that they have very few callers and those guys don't have much to say either. That is not attacking anyone's character, that is questioning their talent and views.

Huge difference, sir.
    It's the same difference, but you have a unique ability to call the truth a lie & the lie a truth, so you're very talented.

Thanks, Mike that is the story that I had heard for about the last 15 years.
    And it's the same story I heard as well. And the man did eventually transfer to Houston. AFTER he was asked by the school to quit performing at Cajun events. I just love the way this little clique continually revises history to fit the narrative that the school never errs & it's always the other guy's fault. Or there's nothing to see here. Everything is always done the exact best way it is supposed to be done.

So I would guess we’re upgrading from our annual visit from Red Panda to one night of the Fabulous Cajun Chicken. Nice move UL, FCC will draw better than RP.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information