Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MAT does MBB

Default Re: MAT does MBB

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Speaking of the Table Room What a waste of an investment. They spent a ton to renovate that space. It's only open to Rebounder Club members prior to basketball games? If so, whose idea was that? Talk about a negative ROI.

That area should be open to all fans, at least 2 hours before and after every game around the complex. It should be used as a recruiting tool for tailgating, especially.

Why do we hate money?
    They don't hate money, they're just too lazy to leverage the assets we have available to do anything that will actually make money.It's like, "Let's just require $$, no need to break a sweat making $$"

Speaking of the Table Room What a waste of an investment. They spent a ton to renovate that space. It's only open to Rebounder Club members prior to basketball games? If so, whose idea was that? Talk about a negative ROI.

That area should be open to all fans, at least 2 hours before and after every game around the complex. It should be used as a recruiting tool for tailgating, especially.

Why do we hate money?
    Then they'd have to staff it, MAT. Seems like a lot of work to get that done. Probably too much.
    That empty table room ____es me off every time I walk past it.

ETA: It should be open for every away basketball, football, and baseball game. That place has so much opportunity.

3. Default Re: MAT does MBB

Why do we hate money?
    You have to have perks to reward the Rebounders club members. They also can adequately stock the food and drinks. No reason to not have similar concessions in adequate amounts to satisfy projected fans plus 500.

4. Default Re: MAT does MBB

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Then they'd have to staff it, MAT. Seems like a lot of work to get that done. Probably too much.
    That empty table room ____es me off every time I walk past it.
    If I were a bar tender or server, I would have KILLED to work in a venue like that during college. We have games constantly throughout the year. That place could be awesome and it just sits there

5. Default Re: MAT does MBB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You have to have perks to reward the Rebounders club members. They also can adequately stock the food and drinks. No reason to not have similar concessions in adequate amounts to satisfy projected fans plus 500.
    Wait, I thought y'all told me most people don't give to get perks. They give to benefit the program. Which one is it?

I'm obviously being a smart ass, but that is one expensive "perk" for a handful of people in one sport. Use the asset to benefit the entire program, not just a few people in one sport.

There is so much unused space in the dome to have the rebounder social. Why not open that room to MAKE money?

7. Default Re: MAT does MBB

There is so much unused space in the dome to have the rebounder social. Why not open that room to MAKE money?
    To your point about FB tailgating on the East side of CF, Table Room would be an excellent corner stone for that. You can open it up, people can pour in, and it's under roof for hot or rainy days. You can literally use it for every sport.

That sucks to hear about the Table Room. I walked by it on Saturday and thought that would be a good place to show up early and eat/drink before the game next time. They don’t advertise it like it’s exclusive on basketball days.

“The Table Room is a brand new venue space that provides an additional entertainment space featuring full bar service including beer, specialty cocktails and premium wine selections. The Table room is located near the west side of the CAJUNDOME's main lobby.

When the Light's on, the Party's on! The Table Room provides an opportunity for concert and event patrons to arrive early and socialize with friends, family and other guests. The Table Room will be open for ticketed guests during major CAJUNDOME events including Ragin' Cajun Basketball games.”

9. Default Re: MAT does MBB

So absolutely nothing about Ragin Cajuns sports All about other events.

Because they have Ticketmaster to make up for that. 2 tickets for $7.50 each cost a total of $43.95 with all of the fees.

So Mike, let’s project this thought.
    You’re a typical young father. Your 6,8, and 3 year olds want something from the concessions. What do you do, tell them to suck it up, and be quiet, or overspend and miss too much game.

IMO it’s never kosher to project your situation onto others. Clearly UL and Dome management could care less. That’s an unfortunate truth that we’re killing our saplings.
    I am obviously in a different situation than young parents. They do have a tough time affording going to games. The concesssion prices and ticket master fees are both issues hurting our support. In fact they are MAJOR hindrances. Hopefully something can be done about both next time contracts are able to be renegotiated.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Because they have Ticketmaster to make up for that. 2 tickets for $7.50 each cost a total of $43.95 with all of the fees.
    What if you buy them at the window? Do the fees still apply?

I have tickets on the west side/behind the team benches, section 109. I park in lot C, so never walk thru the main doors. Didn't even know about the Table Room! I do agree, it should be open to anyone that has a ticket. For 7:00 PM games, it could open at 6:00 and close at 10:00, or earlier if there's no customers around after the game. Seems like a no-brainer.

What if you buy them at the window? Do the fees still apply?
    I don't think they do. At least in the past I don't recall.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information