Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 94, Georgia Southern 87

1. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 94, Georgia Southern 87

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Nice meeting up with those “idiots” post game at Legends. Beer and company were cool.
    I was unfortunately unable to post game at Legends. I did pre game there with mullet, esquelto and a few others. But my hall pass was only for pregame and game. Momma wouldn’t let me stay out late.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 94, Georgia Southern 87

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I missed this post…was that the infamous Glynn Cyprien on the GATA staff and did y’all light him up?

https://gseagles.com/sports/mens-bas...n-cyprien/1258

Wonder if he’ll apply when Marlin leaves? With each victory, it seems more likely if there’s a change next year, it will be Marlin’s call. Don’t see MH letting him go at this juncture of the season.

Shut them down the second half, 20 FG first half, 7 in second. A methodical comeback just like against the Rustonians.

Shame GATA message board is behind a paywall. I’m sure they’re screaming it’s the biggest choke job since Linda Lovelace.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=428874

ESPN win probability during game

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401470330

Standings:

https://sunbeltsports.org/standings.aspx?path=mbball

https://sunbeltsports.org/standings.aspx?standings=102
    Coach Marlin has ZERO plans on retiring after this season. If there is a new coach here after the season it will be the call of the administration. He signed two in early signing date, has a commitment for a third, and they are actively looking for an inside player to add to mix. Those are things to worry about in a few weeks. For now let’s enjoy the fight these guys bring to the battle every game. The determination they showed on glass last night was impressive. You know why the present is called “the present” ? Answer it is because it is a gift. Let’s enjoy the moment for now. Nothing is guaranteed in the future.

Wow, what a fun time it was last night. My wife was a huge Cajun Basketball fan before we moved a away, so this was the first game for her in a while. She was loving it in the 2nd half, so I am glad she came. It is a little tough for her to get up and down the stands but it was worth it.

4. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 94, Georgia Southern 87

This was one of the biggest winning come back to win in Cajun history. Believe it goes back to the Pascal era.

5. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 94, Georgia Southern 87

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Coach Berg’s postgame radio interview:
    https://static.gseagles.com/custompa...LL_1-28-23.mp3
    …..Good job posting…..you da man….thanks!……btw I was told that the bottom areas that are open for seating now have A 6k capacity!

It had been a while since I had been to a basketball game. I forgot how much fun it is. My wife came with me and we really had a good time. Last time I went to a game, we got trucked by LA Tech and it really left a bad taste. Can't wait for Thursday and Saturday. This team really plays hard on both ends of the court. Even when they were down by a large margin, they continued to play hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Coach Marlin has ZERO plans on retiring after this season. If there is a new coach here after the season it will be the call of the administration. He signed two in early signing date, has a commitment for a third, and they are actively looking for an inside player to add to mix. Those are things to worry about in a few weeks. For now let’s enjoy the fight these guys bring to the battle every game. The determination they showed on glass last night was impressive. You know why the present is called “the present” ? Answer it is because it is a gift. Let’s enjoy the moment for now. Nothing is guaranteed in the future.
    Thanks Mike, we are enjoying it. The chemistry with this group may surpass what we saw in 2018, and that’s saying a lot. And Marlin is the constant in both cases.

Thanks guys for being an example for our students. And I mean that in the most sincerest of terms. One cannot sit on your hands and wait on home court advantage.
    you could head people getting on the refs on the radio broadcast

9. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 94, Georgia Southern 87

2018 to 2023

Marlin in six seasons including this year with a top 3 finish is 2 outstanding seasons and 4 mediocre.
    seasons.

Whenever some want to praise Marlins it’s reasonable to review the entire era, the good and the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    No shows are still counted in our attendance figures. We sold 3.5K tickets to this game (- student tickets). No more.
    Need to count the same way for
    Football.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Need to count the same way for
    Football.
    Football uses sold as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    2018 to 2023

Marlin in six seasons including this year with a top 3 finish is 2 outstanding seasons and 4 mediocre.
    seasons.

Whenever some want to praise Marlins it’s reasonable to review the entire era, the good and the bad.
    Not going there, Mike is right. Enjoy the moment. We’re at the point where this season will end in a loss in a tournament of some type unless the guys do something historically has never been done by UL. Until then, enjoy the journey.

Refuse to live like apparently some do, inside every silver lining is a cloud

Not going there, Mike is right. Enjoy the moment. We’re at the point where this season will end in a loss in a tournament of some type. Until then, enjoy the journey.

Refuse to live like apparently some do, inside every silver lining is a cloud
    Nice post. Enjoy the season, folks. It's been exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    you could head people getting on the refs on the radio broadcast
    Deservedly so. The refs were really bad on both ends. It truly was Saturday night in the Sunbelt. But a great comeback by the Cajuns nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Deservedly so. The refs were really bad on both ends. It truly was Saturday night in the Sunbelt. But a great comeback by the Cajuns nonetheless.
    All this season every scrum for a loose ball has been called a jump ball. Except last night.

The second flagrant foul was WWE action, dude should have been run.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information