Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

1. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    . . . Basketball is the ultimate TV sport.
    This is larger than anyone will ever admit . . . especially as home tv's approach 100 inches . . .

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

It’s always important to recall and understand that when the CD was conceived, and built it was appropriately sized. In that era bigger was better, Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU, Carrier Dome. Then along came ESPN to both create additional fans, and eventually depress actual attendance. Basketball is the ultimate TV sport.
    I don’t know if this is entirely accurate for college basketball purposes. Assuming the 11,550 capacity at the CD’s opening (I don’t know if this number has changed over the years), the venue has never been sold out for a Cajuns game and has only eclipsed the 10k mark 5 times. That to me would indicate dreams bigger than reality. Of course this is only for basketball. It can sell out on any given night for a country star.

Regardless of the history and intentions when it was built, it isn’t and never will be close to the needs of Cajuns basketball in this century.

Because fans don't show up. I wonder how many of the crowd complainers were there last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Because fans don't show up. I wonder how many of the crowd complainers were there last night?
    Who is complaining? We are discussing attendance and the optics of our attendance in our venue.

5. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

Large crowds are fertilizer for more larger crowds. Smaller crowds are the RoundUp of sports.

He could be undefeated and people wouldn’t show up. It’s not about success, he has lost the Acadiana community. Plus it doesn’t help that T-Joe is a full blown woke commie.

7. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He could be undefeated and people wouldn’t show up. It’s not about success, he has lost the Acadiana community. Plus it doesn’t help that T-Joe is a full blown woke commie.
    Can he reclaim the Acadiana Community with several outstanding years. Or is your opinion he’s killed all hope forever.

Can he reclaim the Acadiana Community with several outstanding years. Or is your opinion he’s killed all hope forever.
    He is 17-4 and can’t get 5k in the stands. I mean, that should say enough about how the community feels. 2nd weakest schedule in the SBC, which is normal, and can make the NCAA tournament.

9. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

Too bad McLeast, UNO, and SMU aren’t having their normal seasons. Additionally not all the non division 1 games are on the Big Fish. Maggard and t-joe aren’t providing enough money to travel or buy better games. Regardless I said multiple years of outstanding results. Clearly this is year one, and barring a total collapse he’s coming back.

At this point, it would take a few NCAA Tournament runs to get most of the fanbase back. When only 3100 people (probably less actually in the stands) show up to watch a team that is 17-4, it's not the product on the court.

The inconsistency along with lack of energy within the program for the last 13 years has all about run most of the fans off.

Too bad McLeast, UNO, and SMU aren’t having their normal seasons. Additionally not all the non division 1 games are on the Big Fish. Maggard and t-joe aren’t providing enough money to travel or buy better games. Regardless I said multiple years of outstanding results. Clearly this is year one, and barring a total collapse he’s coming back.
    Is he coming back though regardless of end of year results?? Half way thru the last year of his contract & no talks of extension or renewal being leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Is he coming back though regardless of end of year results?? Half way thru the last year of his contract & no talks of extension or renewal being leaked.
    I’d bet money he’ll be back with a Top 4 finish in the belt regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I’d bet money he’ll be back with a Top 4 finish in the belt regular season.
    I can tell you this: those results won't get this ex-season ticket holder to "re-new" next year....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I can tell you this: those results won't get this ex-season ticket holder to "re-new" next year....
    Just imagine this: we don't make the dance or the NIT yet get another year of the same staff next season only to hear "well, we won ~25 games last year, so we we get everybody's best shot" LOL

Amazing that in this great year some of you care more about who the coach is than supporting the players, but whatever.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information