Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

Default Re: MBB vs. Troy

There was no way the Cajuns would continue shooting 50+% and Troy 20%. Hit a mental lapse first part of second half where Troy hit multiple back door cuts. Considering no JB tonight, darn good win.

Seems both the men and women weren’t as focused the second half tonight, final score was as close as Troy got the second half, women yacked it down to 2 for awhile.

The sweet part of the hoax’s win, at Marsha. The drama queen fan base of the SBC be mad. And it’s nice to see GAST stinking it up, even if “Scooter” isn’t there. They never should have moved to a new building, the old place was compact.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=428873

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

Disappointing crowd tonight. Energy was very low. Granted the game was a blow out from the tip off. Piping in crowd noise is awful and does nothing to encourage people to get loud themselves. That set a bad tone IMO. Thankfully we stopped halfway through.

Greg continues to bring a level of play we seldom saw from him last year. By far the best play we’ve seen from Kobe since coming back. Charles as usual had some stand out plays on defense. As mentioned by others, we weren’t sharp throughout but down the preseason POY for the SBC, this was about as good of a performance as anyone could’ve hoped for.

3. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

. . . we might just be pretty good . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Disappointing crowd tonight. Energy was very low. Granted the game was a blow out from the tip off. Piping in crowd noise is awful and does nothing to encourage people to get loud themselves. That set a bad tone IMO. Thankfully we stopped halfway through.
    Yes, mic’s in the band section need to be cut off.

And this morning, I still can’t hear myself think from the music being so loud.

5. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

Scott Cross has a really weird team.

Troy lost to something called the University of St. Thomas Tommies and SIU - Edwardsville.
    They also beat FSU and have been competitive in league play (other than getting housed by a bad App St team).

Even without Brown, sounds like we beat a team we should've beaten. Especially at home.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Troy lost to something called the University of St. Thomas Tommies and SIU - Edwardsville.
    They also beat FSU and have been competitive in league play (other than getting housed by a bad App St team).

Even without Brown, sounds like we beat a team we should've beaten. Especially at home.
    I looked at their schedule too and yeah, it is a head scratcher. They got an ACC road win, but FSU started the year 1-9. Still an ACC road victory and those are hard to come by.

Doing what we did to Troy without Brown was super impressive. Doing that to any league team would have been impressive.

This team is certainly trending up. Hopefully some buzz is growing around the community. Let’s get out to the dome and support them.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I looked at their schedule too and yeah, it is a head scratcher. They got an ACC road win, but FSU started the year 1-9. Still an ACC road victory and those are hard to come by.

Doing what we did to Troy without Brown was super impressive. Doing that to any league team would have been impressive.

This team is certainly trending up. Hopefully some buzz is growing around the community. Let’s get out to the dome and support them.
    The students did their part and brought a very nice crowd.

Very good win, let's keep it up.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Troy played about as bad as a team can play, especially in the first half. They literally missed two dunks and a layup while getting seemingly every call. They also didn't hit any outside shots and once they recovered from the punch in the face we gave them to go up 20 in the first half, they just couldn't recover. I wouldn't expect to see them play like that again and certainly not in the SBC tournament.

Scott Cross’ team had poor ball handling on display the first half. And when your tallest player makes 2 of the 3 treys your team makes, it again makes one question his guards. Didn’t expect that from Troy.

It was obvious last night whose game plan and team was better.

Weird, maybe, but Cross recruited them.

I want to see the same effort Saturday night. I’m sure the staff challenged the team with JB out…to go prove they’re a good team w/o JB.

The second half I realize the plan was to extend our possessions, just missed shots that should of been made. Was impressed Troy never got that typical big run 99% of teams down make. We still had 3 time outs up in the board late in the game and Troy had smoked all theirs.

10. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Scott Cross’ team had poor ball handling on display the first half. And when your tallest player makes 2 of the 3 treys your team makes, it again makes one question his guards. Didn’t expect that from Troy.

It was obvious last night whose game plan and team was better.

Weird, maybe, but Cross recruited them.

I want to see the same effort Saturday night. I’m sure the staff challenged the team with JB out…to go prove they’re a good team w/o JB.

The second half I realize the plan was to extend our possessions, just missed shots that should of been made. Was impressed Troy never got that typical big run 99% of teams down make. We still had 3 time outs up in the board late in the game and Troy had smoked all theirs.
    I've seen USM play 3 times and I've now seen Troy play twice.
    I have absolutely no idea how Southern Miss beat Miss St and I'm even more befuddled as to how Troy beat FSU.

11. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    The students did their part and brought a very nice crowd.

Very good win, let's keep it up.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    UL isn’t doing its part from a visual perspective. Those empty seats reserved for the visitors make the dome look empty because of the tv view from other side.

As well as this team has played I still think there are only 2 guys with the capability of putting the team on their back when they have to and that is Brown and Williams. Last night Greg picked up his 2nd foul with just under 9 minutes to go in the first half and ending up sitting the rest of the half. You are then without your 2 best players and undersized with Richards in foul trouble too. At the time the lead was 17 and Troy has the ability to score quick, could have easily got it to single digits or closer before the half. Instead the Cajuns extended the lead to 26 before closing the half at 24. They continued to play great team basketball in that stretch and Julien proved he still had the ability to takeover a game even if just in small spurts. That was my biggest takeaway from last night.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    UL isn’t doing its part from a visual perspective. Those empty seats reserved for the visitors make the dome look empty because of the tv view from other side.
    No clue why an entire section is dedicated to visitors when there are never more than 5 rows of visitors, on the best of nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    As well as this team has played I still think there are only 2 guys with the capability of putting the team on their back when they have to and that is Brown and Williams. Last night Greg picked up his 2nd foul with just under 9 minutes to go in the first half and ending up sitting the rest of the half. You are then without your 2 best players and undersized with Richards in foul trouble too. At the time the lead was 17 and Troy has the ability to score quick, could have easily got it to single digits or closer before the half. Instead the Cajuns extended the lead to 26 before closing the half at 24. They continued to play great team basketball in that stretch and Julien proved he still had the ability to takeover a game even if just in small spurts. That was my biggest takeaway from last night.
    Lewis II played really well last night too.

15. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 72, Troy 57

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Lewis II played really well last night too.
    He’s a godsend as Theo’s replacement.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information