Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tulane celebration

Default Re: Tulane celebration

Other than silently putting up a flag or banner, the window is closed for any celebration until the 25th anniversary gathering. It’s a year + now, yesterday’s news.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . he has a banner point . . .
    thanks, surprised it didnt wind up next to the banner

3. Default Re: Tulane celebration

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Maybe someone who was supposed to decide if we deserved a banner or a parade was reading RP and saw all the threads arguing about the QB and thought that meant it wasn’t a good season, way to geaux RP!
    "supposed to decide" is very revealing.

It indicates no plan or course of action for achievements or overachivments.

They should be in a position to just kick things in gear at a moments notice when the team brings the school unprecedented exposure.

4. Default Re: Tulane celebration

. . . perhaps they rang the bell . . .

LOL…. is there some device similar to an odometer on the bell, so we know it was rung? or a live cam? or maybe a sign (not a banner) next to it with a counter?

6. UL Football Re: Tulane celebration

You celebrate every accomplishment. We acted like the first exclusive championship in many decades was under NCAA sanctions.

On another note there’s rumors that Covid Chickens truly did dodge the championship with only 3 coaches being Covid positive.

Won’t happen, but should the SBC investigate and possibly remove their share of the 2020 crown.

7. Default Re: Tulane celebration

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You celebrate every accomplishment. We acted like the first exclusive championship in many decades was under NCAA sanctions.

On another note there’s rumors that Covid Chickens truly did dodge the championship with only 3 coaches being Covid positive.
    ….think that Tulane lost some interest with the NFL injured player and the weather last week…..good for us!

8. Default Re: Tulane celebration

. . . our celebrations are sometimes clandestine . . . but you just need to know they are there . . .

They probably did at the end of the game. Unfortunately, it wasn’t audible over the crowd noise.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Other than silently putting up a flag or banner, the window is closed for any celebration until the 25th anniversary gathering. It’s a year + now, yesterday’s news.
    I never saw a school work so hard to forget a great achievement as UL did to forget the 2021 football season. I wonder if they thought that placing too much emphasis on that great season could get the school put on probation again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I never saw a school work so hard to forget a great achievement as UL did to forget the 2021 football season. I wonder if they thought that placing too much emphasis on that great season could get the school put on probation again.
    Call Jay and see what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    LOL…. is there some device similar to an odometer on the bell, so we know it was rung? or a live cam? or maybe a sign (not a banner) next to it with a counter?
    I asked one of the ROTC people sitting in the bell tower about the bell during the last home game & he told me it was welded where it couldn't ring.

13. Default Re: Tulane celebration

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I asked one of the ROTC people sitting in the bell tower about the bell during the last home game & he told me it was welded where it couldn't ring.
    Suddenly soooo many things make sense in a nonsensical way.

14. Default Re: Tulane celebration

Why the heck we spent a small fortune on a bell tower we can’t or won’t use. I’m sure the secondary uses could have been done for a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Perfect! It can coincide with the start of the construction on Cajun Field!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information