Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Elijah Mitchell

Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Proud of that guy. Truly feels like one of our own.
    That’s double for some of us. GEAUX Bobcats and Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    That’s double for some of us. GEAUX Bobcats and Cajuns.
    Go Cats! I remember from calling some of his JV games back in the day....!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Go Cats! I remember from calling some of his JV games back in the day....!
    Mitchell JV games? I don't remember him every playing a JV game.

4. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

. . . sometimes memory and mind are both slow . . . Mitchell was not slow yesterday . . . proud of him . . .

Was utterly shocked when he went out of bounds. I believe he thought he had a shot of taking it to the house and decided to stay on the outside. So happy it didn’t end up costing him.

6. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Yeah I’m sure he didn’t mean to step out of bounds. Things like that happen all the time in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Was utterly shocked when he went out of bounds. I believe he thought he had a shot of taking it to the house and decided to stay on the outside. So happy it didn’t end up costing him.
    I think the Cowboy defense would have done it for him anyway.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Eljah Mitchell

As much as I hate SF, I feel compelled to pull for them, now. Fun coincidence that Mitchell and Brock Purdy are on the same team now after the CAJUNS, with Mitchell, went up to Iowa State and beat them, with Purdy!!

GEAUX 49ERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Mitchell JV games? I don't remember him every playing a JV game.
    The dude says he remembers calling some of his JV games.

I guess he could be mistaken. Not sure it really matters…

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It was either step out of bounds or not get the first down. He got the first down & His momentum carried him OB. The first down won them the game flat out. There wasn't going to be a disaster because Dallas sent the message they were gonna throw their way to a win which was sure fire recipe for losing the game. And yes Dak Prescott is extremely overrated, especially in his own mind.

11. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    The dude says he remembers calling some of his JV games.

I guess he could be mistaken. Not sure it really matters…
    It is very easy to trust one memory over another . . . he is official . . .

12. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    It was either step out of bounds or not get the first down. He got the first down & His momentum carried him OB. The first down won them the game flat out. There wasn't going to be a disaster because Dallas sent the message they were gonna throw their way to a win which was sure fire recipe for losing the game. And yes Dak Prescott is extremely overrated, especially in his own mind.
    Not true, he got the first down by allot, he should have slid at that point, but as someone else correctly pointed out, Elijah felt he could have scored and that was what he was trying to do. It was 2 & 9, he got well over 9 yards, if he gets down right away after the first down the game is over at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TkdUl5f8y8

Go to the 13:32 mark of the above video, you can clearly see all he had to do was slide down and get touched and he would have been fine. He made a mistake, that is okay it did not cost his team. In the future I am sure he was told get down young man.

For how close he was to the sideline they sure seemed to go out of their way to say he made a mistake. Im not convinced. I havent seen an RB slide that close to the sideline. He was stepping on the hash lines. When someone slides one leg bends and one arm falls back, either could have still touched sideline even with a slide.

14. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    For how close he was to the sideline they sure seemed to go out of their way to say he made a mistake. Im not convinced. I havent seen an RB slide that close to the sideline. He was stepping on the hash lines. When someone slides one leg bends and one arm falls back, either could have still touched sideline even with a slide.
    The other option was to cut back to the middle of the field once he had the first down and give yourself up.

As I stated he had the first by a decent amount at that point.

Instead of trying to say he did something wrong, too bad announcers didnt spend their time talking about this day: (how many times has a p5 qb that lost to the Cajuns taken an NFL team to conf final?)

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information