Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Elijah Mitchell

Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    IF you did what you claim you did, then you of all people should know why CBs get beaten on double moves & guys who dive for footballs thrown high & outside can't always come down with their feet in bounds. And you wouldn't be dumb enough to see a guy hauling ass toward the sidelines to get to a marker & them be dumb enough to ask why he couldn't dead stop, or shift his momentum that he has at full f'ing speed, to just dead stop & take a knee. Not everyone is Barry Sanders, or Reggie Bush. That's why Barry & Reggie were Barry & Reggie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TkdUl5f8y8

Go to 13:30 mark. Again, I love Eli and I’m not piling on the kid. He ran for an additional 8 yards after getting the first down. Cutting inside and splitting the defenders would have been extremely difficult and I agree even tougher at full speed. Would it have been wise to slow down after reaching the first and taking a inside angle or falling down? Most definitely

We are spitting hairs here and honestly I’m not sure why you are getting so upset over it.

if someone watched NFC playoff games, very few of the games ended with that situation, so process of elimination could safely say he didnt gain a first down rushing 9+ yards against the cowboys with chance to run out clock and advance to nfc title game

the nfl commentators have a knack for hyping up p5 alum from a particular conference and down grading Louisiana and sunbelt alum

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Whatever you say, pal. I played football, RB/CB, in my youth. Nothing close to the skill set of Eli at Erath but nonetheless was a decent athlete.

I guess a punt return for a TD was impossible? Or a Hail Mary / lateral miracle is impossible too?

You know so much about football it makes me jealous.

I’m not dogging out Eli or anything. Just simply stating he made a mistake he can learn from. Had he stayed in bounds, the 9ers go to victory formation and never punt the ball to the Cowboys.
    you can fumble in victory formation too, its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    you can fumble in victory formation too, its possible.
    This is a fact!

6. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

If you don't think EM can cut at full speed, watch some of these highlights, specifically the 1:02 mark.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Elij...id:-yF0vdJ3_AU

from two years ago, without consideration for his current lingering injuries, hmmmm…… sounds like a stretch of an argument

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    If you don't think EM can cut at full speed, watch some of these highlights, specifically the 1:02 mark.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Elij...id:-yF0vdJ3_AU
    So you're gonna base your argument on him against a bunch of college chumps versus playing the Dallas Cowboys with Micah Parsons & company in an NFC playoff game? Well you win again. I can't beat anyone's argument who is willing to use that logic to justify their position. There you go Dave. You outsmarted me again.

So you're gonna base your argument on him against a bunch of college chumps versus playing the Dallas Cowboys with Micah Parsons & company in an NFC playoff game? Well you win again. I can't beat anyone's argument who is willing to use that logic to justify their position. There you go Dave. You outsmarted me again.
    It’s not that hard

EM had 963 yards rushing in 11 games last year. I think he knows the position.

11. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Cutting against the grain in open field has nothing to do with who you are playing. It has to do with athletics.

It doesn’t matter at the end because it worked out. Mostly be SF defense is the best in the league and Dallas offense was inept under McCarthy and Prescott.

Placed a bet just for fun (small amount) that Mitchell would score first touchdown in NFC Championship game. 18-1 odds.

Geaux Elijah! Find that endzone first!

13. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Placed a bet just for fun (small amount) that Mitchell would score first touchdown in NFC Championship game. 18-1 odds.

….Maybe first TD of the 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post

depending on how Christian McCaffrey is feeling I like that bet! Eli typically gets more of his touches in the second half but if McCaffrey is limited with carries you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Cutting against the grain in open field has nothing to do with who you are playing. It has to do with athletics.

It doesn’t matter at the end because it worked out. Mostly be SF defense is the best in the league and Dallas offense was inept under McCarthy and Prescott.
    So your definition of open field is within one foot of OB with a defender trying to take you out at the knee caps? Another winning argument brought to you by Ragin Dave step brother of Super Dave who has done the absolutely impossible & lived to tell about it all.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information