Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 101

Thread: Eljah Mitchell

  1. #46

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    ..I am curious as to his thought process on the play…where to line up….snap count…defense….offensive scheme design….correct angle for handoff….seeing play develop…. Changing direction based on defensive moves….probably not for certain area of first down….thinking he could get more yardage…... granted post play “could of should of” is a no brainer, but great run by our guy!


  2. Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..I am curious as to his thought process on the play…where to line up….snap count…defense….offensive scheme design….correct angle for handoff….seeing play develop…. Changing direction based on defensive moves….probably not for certain area of first down….thinking he could get more yardage…... granted post play “could of should of” is a no brainer, but great run by our guy!
    And that's the bottom line. Eli put the game on ice. How often do we get ideal results in high pressure situations? He got the first down and that was the crucial element at that point.

  3. #48

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And that's the bottom line. Eli put the game on ice. How often do we get ideal results in high pressure situations? He got the first down and that was the crucial element at that point.
    Thank you, someone else besides me evidently watched the game & realized if the 9ers made two first downs in that drive they would wind the clock down & take any chance for Dallas to pretend they had a chance when Dallas had to punt the ball because they were completely inept with their passing game. Clearly the first down & making the first down was the most important factor in that scenario. Just ask Mark Ingram & the rest of the idiotic Saints team that blew the 2nd Buccs game just how important making the first down is.

  4. #49

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Whatever you say, pal. I played football, RB/CB, in my youth. Nothing close to the skill set of Eli at Erath but nonetheless was a decent athlete.

    I guess a punt return for a TD was impossible? Or a Hail Mary / lateral miracle is impossible too?

    You know so much about football it makes me jealous.

    I’m not dogging out Eli or anything. Just simply stating he made a mistake he can learn from. Had he stayed in bounds, the 9ers go to victory formation and never punt the ball to the Cowboys.
    IF you did what you claim you did, then you of all people should know why CBs get beaten on double moves & guys who dive for footballs thrown high & outside can't always come down with their feet in bounds. And you wouldn't be dumb enough to see a guy hauling ass toward the sidelines to get to a marker & them be dumb enough to ask why he couldn't dead stop, or shift his momentum that he has at full f'ing speed, to just dead stop & take a knee. Not everyone is Barry Sanders, or Reggie Bush. That's why Barry & Reggie were Barry & Reggie.

  5. #50

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    . . . all I can say is that on Sunday, Eli busted through for that first down and many more yards from the line of scrimmage to be far enough from the opposing goal to seal the deal . . .


  6. #51

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    IF you did what you claim you did, then you of all people should know why CBs get beaten on double moves & guys who dive for footballs thrown high & outside can't always come down with their feet in bounds. And you wouldn't be dumb enough to see a guy hauling ass toward the sidelines to get to a marker & them be dumb enough to ask why he couldn't dead stop, or shift his momentum that he has at full f'ing speed, to just dead stop & take a knee. Not everyone is Barry Sanders, or Reggie Bush. That's why Barry & Reggie were Barry & Reggie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TkdUl5f8y8

    Go to 13:30 mark. Again, I love Eli and I’m not piling on the kid. He ran for an additional 8 yards after getting the first down. Cutting inside and splitting the defenders would have been extremely difficult and I agree even tougher at full speed. Would it have been wise to slow down after reaching the first and taking a inside angle or falling down? Most definitely

    We are spitting hairs here and honestly I’m not sure why you are getting so upset over it.

  7. #52

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    if someone watched NFC playoff games, very few of the games ended with that situation, so process of elimination could safely say he didnt gain a first down rushing 9+ yards against the cowboys with chance to run out clock and advance to nfc title game


  8. #53

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    the nfl commentators have a knack for hyping up p5 alum from a particular conference and down grading Louisiana and sunbelt alum


  9. #54

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Whatever you say, pal. I played football, RB/CB, in my youth. Nothing close to the skill set of Eli at Erath but nonetheless was a decent athlete.

    I guess a punt return for a TD was impossible? Or a Hail Mary / lateral miracle is impossible too?

    You know so much about football it makes me jealous.

    I’m not dogging out Eli or anything. Just simply stating he made a mistake he can learn from. Had he stayed in bounds, the 9ers go to victory formation and never punt the ball to the Cowboys.
    you can fumble in victory formation too, its possible.

  10. #55

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    you can fumble in victory formation too, its possible.
    This is a fact!

  11. #56

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    If you don't think EM can cut at full speed, watch some of these highlights, specifically the 1:02 mark.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Elij...id:-yF0vdJ3_AU


  12. #57

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    from two years ago, without consideration for his current lingering injuries, hmmmm…… sounds like a stretch of an argument


  13. #58

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    If you don't think EM can cut at full speed, watch some of these highlights, specifically the 1:02 mark.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Elij...id:-yF0vdJ3_AU
    So you're gonna base your argument on him against a bunch of college chumps versus playing the Dallas Cowboys with Micah Parsons & company in an NFC playoff game? Well you win again. I can't beat anyone's argument who is willing to use that logic to justify their position. There you go Dave. You outsmarted me again.

  14. #59

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So you're gonna base your argument on him against a bunch of college chumps versus playing the Dallas Cowboys with Micah Parsons & company in an NFC playoff game? Well you win again. I can't beat anyone's argument who is willing to use that logic to justify their position. There you go Dave. You outsmarted me again.
    It’s not that hard

  15. #60

    Default Re: Eljah Mitchell

    EM had 963 yards rushing in 11 games last year. I think he knows the position.


Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. #74 Max Mitchell
    By fanof71 in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: November 17th, 2021, 02:17 pm
  2. Ragas & Mitchell
    By Turbine in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: February 15th, 2021, 09:04 pm
  3. Mitchell-n-Man UL's quiet warrior Dwayne Mitchell
    By NewsCopy in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 1st, 2006, 11:50 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •