Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 182

Thread: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

  1. #106

    Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

    Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Winning the regular season doesn't mean squat! We have to win the SBC tourney to make it to the dance. No way in hell would we get an at large bid and if this team doesn't make the NCAA tourney, he needs to go...period. One tourney appearance in 13-14 years is hardly acceptable.
    1>0 in 10-11 years. If that’s the reason to dismiss Marlin, in the age of equality we’re probably looking for 2 coaches. Just sayin’


    Part of Mike Balado’s contract at stAte in this link. Like the buyout verbiage. And apparent tie in to victories.

  2. #107

    Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

    Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Winning the regular season doesn't mean squat! We have to win the SBC tourney to make it to the dance. No way in hell would we get an at large bid and if this team doesn't make the NCAA tourney, he needs to go...period. One tourney appearance in 13-14 years is hardly acceptable.
    Winning the regular season will get us into the NIT. At that point, an extension is imminent.

    JMO, it should be an all-or-nothing scenario on what happens after the season. Let's say we finish 2nd or 3rd and fail to make either the NIT or the NCAA Tournament. If we give an extension with the same salary, is it really feasible as opposed to finding and up and coming coach who would get paid half the price and can hype up some excitement with the fanbase? Only time will tell. As of now, I'll see how this season pans out. So far, so good.

  3. #108

    Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    1>0 in 10-11 years. If that’s the reason to dismiss Marlin, in the age of equality we’re probably looking for 2 coaches. Just sayin’


    Part of Mike Balado’s contract at stAte in this link. Like the buyout verbiage. And apparent tie in to victories.
    Who would be the other coach?

  4. #109

    Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

    Hire BBoyd . . .


  5. #110

    Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

    If Jordon Brown will stay another year, I think having Marlin here is required regardless. Jordon is a once in a generation talent who is giving the Cajuns a lot of notoriety. I believe if Coach Marlin is fired the decision will be easy for Brown. I know this is coming out of left field and I have no inside information, but I would love to see Brown play his last season of eligibility here.

    Regardless of the above, if the Cajuns continue to perform as they have so far, there is no way they fire Coach Marlin. No school would.

    But hey, what do I know? I am just an outsider.


  6. #111

    Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

    The Big Fish is swimming . . .


  7. #112

    Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    If Jordon Brown will stay another year, I think having Marlin here is required regardless. Jordon is a once in a generation talent who is giving the Cajuns a lot of notoriety. I believe if Coach Marlin is fired the decision will be easy for Brown. I know this is coming out of left field and I have no inside information, but I would love to see Brown play his last season of eligibility here.

    Regardless of the above, if the Cajuns continue to perform as they have so far, there is no way they fire Coach Marlin. No school would.

    But hey, what do I know? I am just an outsider.
    JB is a very talented player sty with growth potential. First I doubt he’s coming back. He’d be out of eligibility if not for Covid. As to Marlin, no coach should be retained for at most a one year player. He’s gotta be retained on the body of work.

    The only basketball post season I consider legitimate are the NIT, and NCAA. If he makes either this year he’s 3 of 14. That’s less than 25%. His best regular season finish is a third, and first place. Those aren’t in my mind consistently competing for a championship except in the most liberal meaning of the word competing for. He’s consistently been a middle of the pack regular season coach. He’s never had a terrible season either. He’s long in the tooth, but his players who stay seem to love him.

    Finally, and maybe it’s not his fault, we’ve been losing fans throughout his tenure. Without something big I doubt that reverses.

    I personally believe he should have to win a regular season championship, or finish high and win the tournament championship to be retained. But not with a 4 year deal unless the buyout is cheap.

  8. #113

    Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

    Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Winning the regular season doesn't mean squat! We have to win the SBC tourney to make it to the dance. No way in hell would we get an at large bid and if this team doesn't make the NCAA tourney, he needs to go...period. One tourney appearance in 13-14 years is hardly acceptable.
    You and several others feel that way. However, I sincerely doubt the administration lets him go with a regular seaon championship and a loss in the conference tournament. In fact I am confident they would not. Now, if neither championship is gained, I predict nothing.

    The league is better this year. There were a few upsets by SBC teams in pre conference. Troy is our next opponent and they won at Florida State for example. However it is still a one bid conference as are most mid major leagues. The upsets just move us up from a 16 seed league to perhaps a 14.

  9. #114

    Default Re: Basketball today Jan 21

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Greg Williams was big today, especially in the second half. Free throw shooting not good today. Not the prettiest win but I'll gladly take it. Road weary Cajuns finally get to come play at home.
    The thing I noticed most about Greg, especially in the second half, was his willingness to cut to the basket. We were so stuck on either having JB post up or put up 3's that Greg starting making cuts and got some baskets inside. Smart of him.

  10. #115

    Default Re: Basketball today Jan 21

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Won by 9 while shooting less than 50% from the FT line with 18 misses. That should tell you something about the talent disparity between these two teams.
    You may be right about the talent but that is not what won us the game. We won the game because we played, by far, our best team defensive game of the year. We challenged them on every shot all game and team defense was the best its been and that's talking about JB as well as I've been a critic of his D.

  11. #116

    Default Re: Basketball today Jan 21

    Quote Originally Posted by mphscajun View Post
    joe can ball man. Our pg's make me cringe. Their play is our achilles heel. Try joe out at pg. He has good vision and plays under control. made some nice passes down low from the elbow. Our pg's are not div 1 level imo. Yes fulks has nice assist numbers due to his teamates spotting up for 3's but his turnovers, bad defense and bad free throws just make me frustrated.
    Man, you are nuts. The fact you are calling for Joe to play the PG disqualifies any criticism you may have of our guards. This offense is clearly better when Fulks is running it at the top and the ball is moving and he has become very effective running the high pick and roll with JB. Good lord.

  12. #117

    Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

    We won because we had more points at the end of the game . . . last I checked, that is usually dependent upon playing both offense and defense . . .


  13. #118

    Default Re: Basketball today Jan 21

    Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    So you think 2 or more teams will make the NCAA tournament? We are not talking about the NIT tournament or an appearance in that tournament.
    What he's saying is that the program has a focus on winning the conference championship and then the conference tournament. ONLY winning the conference tournament is defeatist thinking and flawed in nature. You can't throw ____ against the wall all season and hope something sticks just in time to win 3 or 4 games to get you into the NCAA tournament. Good programs put a focus on winning all the time. Not sure how hard this is for you to grasp.

  14. #119

    Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You and several others feel that way. However, I sincerely doubt the administration lets him go with a regular seaon championship and a loss in the conference tournament. In fact I am confident they would not. Now, if neither championship is gained, I predict nothing.

    The league is better this year. There were a few upsets by SBC teams in pre conference. Troy is our next opponent and they won at Florida State for example. However it is still a one bid conference as are most mid major leagues. The upsets just move us up from a 16 seed league to perhaps a 14.
    That's because he doesn't get it.

  15. #120

    Default Re: Basketball today Jan 21

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    What he's saying is that the program has a focus on winning the conference championship and then the conference tournament. ONLY winning the conference tournament is defeatist thinking and flawed in nature. You can't throw ____ against the wall all season and hope something sticks just in time to win 3 or 4 games to get you into the NCAA tournament. Good programs put a focus on winning all the time. Not sure how hard this is for you to grasp.
    Rest assured it is really hard . . .

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. BB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Texas State 6
    By Turbine in forum BASEBALL
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: May 3rd, 2021, 04:28 pm
  2. BB G2 Final: Louisiana 9, Texas State 0
    By Turbine in forum BASEBALL
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 1st, 2021, 08:03 pm
  3. BB G1 Final: Louisiana 3, Texas State 9
    By Turbine in forum BASEBALL
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: May 1st, 2021, 01:57 pm
  4. MBB Final: Louisiana 80, Texas State 55
    By NewsCopy in forum Basketball-M
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2018, 08:29 am
  5. Final: Louisiana ( 48 ) vs Texas State ( 24 )
    By Turbine in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: October 8th, 2013, 12:53 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •