Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

Default Re: Basketball today Jan 21

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The upcoming games against Marshall and JMU will tell us all we need to know
    Prepare for the excuses

Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

For everyone complaining about the schedule, if Marlin is retained (absolutely shouldn’t be) cut his salary in half. Use the $375K to buy some appealing home games. Or use the $375k for NIL deals and get some better players.

If Marlin had an incentive laden contract he wouldn’t be the highest paid coach in the SBC.

Default Re: Basketball today Jan 21

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The upcoming games against Marshall and JMU will tell us all we need to know
    Agree. Figure a split, beat Marshall here, road @JMU should be winnable.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Brown will play at the next level . . .
    You are changing what you said.

5. Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

. . . can’t control your interpretation . . .

Receipts are there

7. Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

Next level is a virtual limbo bar.

8. Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

. . . with the knees I have, that limbo bar better be high . . .

9. Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

Multiple people on this team will play at the next level, the question is what level is that. You would be shocked at the amount of Cajun players in the last few years that "play at the next level". Give you an example of this, did anyone on this board believe that Tyrus Smith who was kicked off the UL team in 2019 - 2020 was "playing at the next level" would you believe me. Well he is. last I know of he was playing in Denmark. I know that a number of players are given chances and for the most part I would suspect that if they wanted to anyone of the top 8-9 players on the Cajuns roster right now, could play in a professional league somewhere. The question comes down to if they want to or not. PJ Hardy is playing professionally. Obviously guys like Jonathan Stove, Bryce Washington, Jakeenan Gant and Frank Bartley have all played or are playing currently in a professional league somewhere, Jay Wright played professionally.

Not all of these names are guys you suspected could or would play overseas/professionally, but there is a big market for basketball players from the US. The key is what level, for instance, I know at one point Bryce Washington and Frank Bartley were playing in the same league in Canada, Stove is in Finland. Bryce is playing in Isreal now, for a team that was in the Tier 2 league, but they have now moved up to the Premier League because of their results from the previous year. While Bartley is playing in the premier league in Italy.

Believe me if they wanted to (and it would be completely up to them), I could see:

Jordan Brown
    Greg Williams
    Terrance Lewis
    Themus Fulks
    Kentrell Garnett
    Kobe Julien (injuries not withstanding)
    Joe Charles
    Michael Thomas
    Jalen Dalcourt

And possibly even Isaiah Richards all playing at some level in a professional league and that would be considered the "next level".

10. Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Multiple people on this team will play at the next level, the question is what level is that. You would be shocked at the amount of Cajun players in the last few years that "play at the next level". Give you an example of this, did anyone on this board believe that Tyrus Smith who was kicked off the UL team in 2019 - 2020 was "playing at the next level" would you believe me. Well he is. last I know of he was playing in Denmark. I know that a number of players are given chances and for the most part I would suspect that if they wanted to anyone of the top 8-9 players on the Cajuns roster right now, could play in a professional league somewhere. The question comes down to if they want to or not. PJ Hardy is playing professionally. Obviously guys like Jonathan Stove, Bryce Washington, Jakeenan Gant and Frank Bartley have all played or are playing currently in a professional league somewhere, Jay Wright played professionally.

Not all of these names are guys you suspected could or would play overseas/professionally, but there is a big market for basketball players from the US. The key is what level, for instance, I know at one point Bryce Washington and Frank Bartley were playing in the same league in Canada, Stove is in Finland. Bryce is playing in Isreal now, for a team that was in the Tier 2 league, but they have now moved up to the Premier League because of their results from the previous year. While Bartley is playing in the premier league in Italy.

Believe me if they wanted to (and it would be completely up to them), I could see:

Jordan Brown
    Greg Williams
    Terrance Lewis
    Themus Fulks
    Kentrell Garnett
    Joe Charles
    Michael Thomas
    Jalen Dalcourt

And possibly even Isaiah Richards all playing at some level in a professional league and that would be considered the "next level".
    Richards will play next level if he can get his emotions under control

Jordan Brown
    Greg Williams
    Terrance Lewis
    Themus Fulks
    Kentrell Garnett
    Joe Charles
    Michael Thomas
    Jalen Dalcourt

NOt only are those guys playing, some have had great success overseas. A couple of years ago, Frank Bartley won the MVP of a league in Spain. Jonathon Stove had to wait awhile to get his chance but now often is his team's leading scorer. Tyren Johnson who last played for Coach Lee has had a successful career overseas. Yes, there is a different market for players overseas. Someone like Brown will make significantly more dollars than some of the guys mentioned.

You guys are missing the one that has been the most successful, Kasey Shepard.

13. Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    You guys are missing the one that has been the most successful, Kasey Shepard.
    Mbamblu (sp) was successful as well.

Mbamblu (sp) was successful as well.
    Yep, but Kasey Shepard has a league MVP and a post-season MVP. Also, I believe he is making the most money out of all of them.

15. Default Re: MBB Final Louisiana 60, Texas State 51

Shawn Long still doing it.he was the Korean BL MVP in 2021.

Jakeenan Gant was last I. France.

Marquetti and Stroman are still playing.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information