Thread: MT: Louisiana Men's Tennis Set for a Pair of Matches in Pacific Northwest

1. UL Tennis MT: Louisiana Men's Tennis Set for a Pair of Matches in Pacific Northwest

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Men's Tennis team is headquartered at the University of Washington's Nordstrom Tennis Center in Seattle, Washington from Friday-Saturday, January 20-21 for its latest stop on a season-opening, five-match road trip.

2. Default Re: MT: Louisiana Men's Tennis Set for a Pair of Matches in Pacific Northwest

It’s unfortunate we are playing without arguably our best if not most consistent player this year. Very similar to losing Kajin at the end of last year. Right now we are playing without Gimenez who went 16-4 last year playing the #2 and #3 position. That hurts.

Luckily they pulled out a tough victory over a solid but not great Portland team. It’s a long season and I don’t know when Gimenez is expected back. But this team is much better with him on the court than on the bench.

Portland entered the season ranked #74. So this is a good win for the Cajuns.

3. Default Re: MT: Louisiana Men's Tennis Set for a Pair of Matches in Pacific Northwest

Dave, are the Cajuns ranked at this time?

4. Default Re: MT: Louisiana Men's Tennis Set for a Pair of Matches in Pacific Northwest

Only the top 25 has come out yet. Later in the year the top 75 comes out.

The Cajuns finished last year ranked #61. The expectation is that if the top 75 were out today Cajuns would have been preseason top 50 or so. Without Fillat Gimenez I think they will struggle. I’m hoping his injury is not that bad.

Thread Information