Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Say goodbye to mid majors

Default Say goodbye to mid majors

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...6b10cd4383a9aa

If this is what mid majors have to compete against for NIL deals, we are done!!

Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

I don't think any of that stuff will affect us; let the big boys wage war with their money.

We aren't competing with them at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I don't think any of that stuff will affect us; let the big boys wage war with their money.

We aren't competing with them at that level.
    Respectfully disagree. If we are not in the business of trying to compete for a Natty each year, what are we playing for? This just illustrates how far we have to go, and the gap is getting wider.

Anybody who is willing to write a $13 million check for a kid out of high school so that kid will play for their favorite team is a friggin loser. If you want to make that donation, why not give it to the program? I feel like $13 million to UF athletics will do a lot more good for the program than just going to one unproven kid...in my opinion at least.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...6b10cd4383a9aa

If this is what mid majors have to compete against for NIL deals, we are done!!
    It's called the ruination of college athletics.

I agree but unfortunately college athletics is going down a dark road and there is no way the ULs of the world can keep up if we choose to go down said road.

7. Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Anybody who is willing to write a $13 million check for a kid out of high school so that kid will play for their favorite team is a friggin loser. If you want to make that donation, why not give it to the program? I feel like $13 million to UF athletics will do a lot more good for the program than just going to one unproven kid...in my opinion at least.
    What makes you think that they aren’t already doing that. This is just a cherry on top of the banana split.

I’m sorry it’s happening to Napier, but I’m busting out the popcorn. This whole NIL has been “the tail wagging the dog” and it will get uglier. The first thing is the NIL collective and the university are supposedly separate entities. We’ll see, sure booster groups are tied into it.

HEY! MARTIN HALL! Darn good reason for RCAF autonomy.

We never could keep up with them it’s just that in the past it was under the table now it is more in the open.

Nm

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Nm
    He signed, lol…he should have to stay.

Not sitting out only applies to year two.

checks notes: NIL deals offered before signing are violations

12. Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

. . . this has been going on for years . . . the only difference now is that it is legal if some the right way . . . no reason to believe that mid majors (whatever that may be) won’t continue is to compete as they have done in the past . . . the world is not over . . .

At this rate some may actually take a paycut when they go "pro"

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    At this rate some may actually take a paycut when they go "pro"
    and be interested to see what percentage they give to their various RCAF equivalents? Should our donations be higher or lower that percent?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . this has been going on for years . . . the only difference now is that it is legal if some the right way . . . no reason to believe that mid majors (whatever that may be) won’t continue is to compete as they have done in the past . . . the world is not over . . .
    the amounts are a tad bit higher as well…..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information