Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Say goodbye to mid majors

Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    So, we're damned if do and damned if we don't?

Not disagreeing with you here. I'm just trying to understand exactly what they did to collegiate athletics, and how we can save it.
    Have the adults start acting like adults

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . and the problem with that . . .
    when/how would they pay in to social security?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If the NFL can cap salaries, why can't the NCAA cap NIL?
    the nfl salary cap is for the entire team, not one individual is capped (maybe not technically but practically, unless point is reached where one player makes $52 less than salary cap and everyone else gets $1)
    ….and also there are options and parameters to go over the cap, and be penalized

4. Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    They took the money from under the table, threw it all out there for the world to see, with no consideration of the consequences. O’Bannon ruling was correct, but it opened the proverbial Pandora’s Box.
    The money under the table doesn't compare to the money that will be thrown out there for the world to see. Now you have a bidding war for the services of athletes. NIL and the transfer portal are the perfect storm to completely change college athletics. The NCAA can't control NIL payments, but they can control the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    The money under the table doesn't compare to the money that will be thrown out there for the world to see. Now you have a bidding war for the services of athletes. NIL and the transfer portal are the perfect storm to completely change college athletics. The NCAA can't control NIL payments, but they can control the portal.
    Exactly. Ego of who has the biggest stack of money isn’t just the players now.

6. Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

I'm anxious to see how much redirected NIL money ends up sucking out of actual athletic budgets.

7. Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    but they could enforce it, it has to provide an “N” or an “I” or an “L” to promote something, hopefully of value…. a “collective” has no product, isnt that what they used to accuse ponzi schemes of, having no product?
    That’s not a ponzie scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm anxious to see how much redirected NIL money ends up sucking out of actual athletic budgets.
    I bet we see the first tax evasion conviction long before they admit that happened.

Just piggybacking this thread instead of making a new one about NIL.

School across the basin officially launched their "collective" called Bayou Traditions.

LSU NIL Collective

I feel like this will dry up even more casual Acadiana dollars that may have been split between RCAF and TAF. Now some folks might be cutting RCAF and putting into TAF and "Bayou Traditions."

Amount of money being thrown into "college" athletics is insane.

Smart...start at $10 a month, lesson to be learned there...

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Just piggybacking this thread instead of making a new one about NIL.

School across the basin officially launched their "collective" called Bayou Traditions.

LSU NIL Collective

I feel like this will dry up even more casual Acadiana dollars that may have been split between RCAF and TAF. Now some folks might be cutting RCAF and putting into TAF and "Bayou Traditions."

Amount of money being thrown into "college" athletics is insane.
    Unless a person is a whale donor, many who move to this option will be shorting where they originally gave. Give it time, it will blow up except at the very upper level of P5.

For example, the California programs in the PAC12 are hanging on for dear life, what will happen when donations to the booster organizations lose money to pay the next coming of Tom Brady? Coaches salaries take a hit, etc.

Unless a person is a whale donor, many who move to this option will be shorting where they originally gave. Give it time, it will blow up except at the very upper level of P5.

For example, the California programs in the PAC12 are hanging on for dear life, what will happen when donations to the booster organizations lose money to pay the next coming of Tom Brady? Coaches salaries take a hit, etc.
    Exactly. This is close to a zero sum game for all but the richest of the rich. We'll be fine.

Why don’t all those grammar police on here ever correct someone when they say “The Natty”? How could a word with only one t be shortened into having two t’s. It still remains the dumbest term I have ever heard or read. And only certain conferences seem to embrace it, easy to understand why….

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Kinda my point…all the money is in the open and a good chunk moves to the NIL world, impacting donations used for other things.

Kinda my point…all the money is in the open and a good chunk moves to the NIL world, impacting donations used for other things.
    Imagine being personally responsible for two big recruits signing, maybe six figures each, but you still cant get a tailgate spot or stay for the men’s hoops game with a woman’s hoops ticket, because NIL is “separate”

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information