Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Say goodbye to mid majors

1. Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I know the FTC made a proposal towards that end, but I didn't know the Supreme Court had already commented.
    They didn’t.

Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

Here's another article worth reading.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl...ly-get-bigger/

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post

In the long run, I don’t see this as a bad thing. The more this happens, the more it fractures the NIL situation on the top end. More than one person on this board said the inequalities financially within a team would be an issue. Aggies proved that, Gators going to have a long year.

For example, IMO, if I had the means to roll 13M on a 17 year old, I wouldn’t. Poor investment.

Remember, a passionate man rides a blind horse.

4. Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Remember, a passionate man rides a blind horse.
    I'm looking in my Yale Book of Quotes ... who said that?

I'm looking in my Yale Book of Quotes ... who said that?
    Honestly don’t know. My parents gave me a framed poster with many such lines. Kept it in my office, gifted it to a young man when I retired.

Found the original quote. Ben Franklin.

“A man in a passion, rides a mad horse.”

Well, this may be a harbinger of things to come. Looks like too much money and ego are not good. This is going to even divide the P-5s. From The Athletic.

Texas A&M has lost 25 scholarship players in one offseason. Eighteen were blue-chip recruits. Eight were top-100 recruits, including five-stars Denver Harris and Chris Marshall. Seven were freshmen from their top-ranked 2022 recruiting class. Fascinating dynamic at A&M now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, this may be a harbinger of things to come. Looks like too much money and ego are not good. This is going to even divide the P-5s. From The Athletic.

Texas A&M has lost 25 scholarship players in one offseason. Eighteen were blue-chip recruits. Eight were top-100 recruits, including five-stars Denver Harris and Chris Marshall. Seven were freshmen from their top-ranked 2022 recruiting class. Fascinating dynamic at A&M now.
    If it is not reeled back in, they will create a de facto Minor League system for the NFL of about 20 or so organizations that have the resources and the will to do this. At some point, those schools will create a new "conference" that is Nation Wide, completely untethered to the NCAA.

The rest of us will settle into a system that is governed by the NCAA with reasonable caps on NIL and stricter transfer rules to protect competition.

That would be ok with me.

8. Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

The NCAA is powerless to cap NIL since the United Supreme Court and has spoken as such on the issue . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If it is not reeled back in, they will create a de facto Minor League system for the NFL of about 20 or so organizations that have the resources and the will to do this. At some point, those schools will create a new "conference" that is Nation Wide, completely untethered to the NCAA.

The rest of us will settle into a system that is governed by the NCAA with reasonable caps on NIL and stricter transfer rules to protect competition.

That would be ok with me.
    That would be ok with me as well. Let whomever has unlimited $$$ spend them; eventually they will want a return and when they don't get it, that is when the fireworks begin.

10. Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

At some point Universities will be in a predicament with their boosters, do you want them to fund the athletic foundation or fund the NIL collective?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    At some point Universities will be in a predicament with their boosters, do you want them to fund the athletic foundation or fund the NIL collective?
    Think we’re there now.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post

Found this…sobriety will set into NIL at some point..

“By the way, just to put these amounts into sobering context, Brock Purdy who is undefeated as the starting QB for the San Francisco 49ers is on a rookie contract valued at $3.7 million over four years. Let that marinate.”

13. Default Re: Say goodbye to mid majors

NIL is fixing to make that number much, much more if it has not already . . .

What has the Supreme Court said on No Compete Clauses?
    What is the connection between a non compete clause and a salary cap/limitation?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    That they aren't valid.
    Neither is forcing someone to bake a cake, but they have tried at least three more times, go figure

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information