Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball 01-17-2023

UL Basketball Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball 01-17-2023

Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball 01-17-2023

Good job as usual gentlemen.

Very good job!

Good job guys. Are we having another home games this season???

Great analysis. Joe Charles impresses me. His defense is stellar. As you guys mention he can guard a point guard without issue. He is quick and long. Why not try him at the point as his defense is much needed and I think he has enough quickness, ball skills and vision to be a pg. I think we need our best 5 on the court and joe is one of them. The other two pg's not so much IMO. Would like to see Brown, Lewis, Williams, Garnett and Charles start. Joe could be a penny hardaway jr. Not saying it would work out but just give it a shot. Garnett or Williams could play pg also. Those 3 would be lock down perimeter defenders on court at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by mphscajun View Post
    Great analysis. Joe Charles impresses me. His defense is stellar. As you guys mention he can guard a point guard without issue. He is quick and long. Why not try him at the point as his defense is much needed and I think he has enough quickness, ball skills and vision to be a pg. I think we need our best 5 on the court and joe is one of them. The other two pg's not so much IMO. Would like to see Brown, Lewis, Williams, Garnett and Charles start. Joe could be a penny hardaway jr. Not saying it would work out but just give it a shot. Garnett or Williams could play pg also. Those 3 would be lock down perimeter defenders on court at same time.
    Ouch, so you are just totally dismissing Fulks? IMO he is the catalyst to our offense and his defense is getting better.

Joe is a perfect 3 that can defend some 4s and 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Ouch, so you are just totally dismissing Fulks? IMO he is the catalyst to our offense and his defense is getting better.
    Fulks is a nice assist guy and is sometimes out of control. His defense is really bad. He gets beat on dribble penetration all the time. I don't know how this is possible because he is not slow afoot. Bewildering. Defense is about effort and some anticipation and of course communication. I am just curious how jumpin joe would do at point...it is intriguing. Just a thought experiment at this point. Joe reminds me of a cross between shawn griggs and Kevin Brooks..closer to shawn at this point. Man could Shawn pick some pockets...chuuuu

Craig I must say CajunMike has been a great addition to the podcast when discussing MBB.

10. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball 01-17-2023

Fulks is a nice assist guy and is sometimes out of control. His defense is really bad. He gets beat on dribble penetration all the time. I don't know how this is possible because he is not slow afoot. Bewildering. Defense is about effort and some anticipation and of course communication. I am just curious how jumpin joe would do at point...it is intriguing. Just a thought experiment at this point. Joe reminds me of a cross between shawn griggs and Kevin Brooks..closer to shawn at this point. Man could Shawn pick some pockets...chuuuu
    I loved watching Shawn Griggs play

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I loved watching Shawn Griggs play
    for sure dave. dude would just steal the ball on command..uncanny

Fulks has been better on defense the last few weeks which I think has been a big reason for the wins. We are also a better offense with the ball in his hands rather than just posting JB up and banging him in there more happens with the ball in Fulks' hands

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Fulks has been better on defense the last few weeks which I think has been a big reason for the wins. We are also a better offense with the ball in his hands rather than just posting JB up and banging him in there more happens with the ball in Fulks' hands
    I just don't see the jump in Fulk's defense. He was being subbed out offense for defense late against USA because he couldn't guard.

14. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin Ragin' Cajuns Basketball 01-17-2023

for sure dave. dude would just steal the ball on command..uncanny
    The thief of Baghdad they used to call him.

He would steal it from opposing players at will.

Reminds me of the line from the replacements when the coach told the crazy linebacker to get him the ball.

As much as he handles the ball, he needs to be a 75% free throw shooter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information