Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Baseball/Softball 23 starters.

Default Re: Baseball/Softball 23 starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Why are the baseball Cajuns moving their best defensive outfielder to 2nd? Couldn’t Lejeune or Taylor who ever doesn’t win the 3rd base competition play 2nd? Both were good SS in HS and have good bats, Lejeune a true switch hitter and Taylor swings from the Left. I just think Max is better than Rock defensively in center. You got to be strong up the middle.
    Strong up the middle includes C, 2B, SS, CF. Maybe he has tried those guys and Max is the best option at 2nd.

Is that a new ncaa reg that each team gets 23 starters now? Or just teams with NIL?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Strong up the middle included C, 2B, SS, CF. Maybe he has tried those guys and Max is the best option at 2nd.
    Maybe so. Most infielders that can play the left side can definitely play second as it slows down some on that side. One thing we know for sure is Max covers way more ground in the gaps in center than Rock or anyone else on the team last year.

Is that you in your avatar.

4. Default Re: Baseball/Softball 23 starters.

I believe Deggs has this under control . . . if there are any concerns up the middle, it will be on the mound . . ?

And while we’re on the subject of the Diamond sports, check your Inbox for the invitation to the Diamond First Pitch Social.

6. Default Re: Baseball/Softball 23 starters.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmsdV8xX...jpg&name=large

Paid attendance v butts in seats . . . Except for a few certain games, I would tend to guess the average difference is about 2000 . . .

Heath Hood?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Agree whole heartedly. We'll see what they can do when the lights come on for real, but I really like Jon Taylor. Quintessential grinder type guy. Peyton is a player too. And I know Deggs really wanted Peyton here and they see these guys everyday.

But from the little bit we've been able to see, JT looks like a gamer...
    Full disclosure I have never seen either in a Cajuns uniform. I am only repeating what I have been told by someone who has seen both on a very regular basis this fall.

Peyton is a very hard nose no nonsense kind of a kid. Mentally tough, the kind of kid you want at the plate when the game is on the line. But probably a little less athletic than Taylor. To compare him to a 3rd baseman in the past he’d be cut from the Nate Nelson cloth. But a true switch hitter.

Taylor more of an athlete very smooth looking and fundamentally sound. To compare to a 3rd baseman of the past he is cut from more of a Dallas Morris type mode. But swings from the left.

Will be interested to see how this shapes up? Will Max play any outfield at all this year? Which means one could play 2nd. I think they were both impressive with the bat this fall.

9. Default Re: Baseball/Softball 23 starters.

Peyton needs to play . . .

Heath Hood will be in right in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    And while we’re on the subject of the Diamond sports, check your Inbox for the invitation to the Diamond First Pitch Social.
    Got it, February 8th.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information