Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baseball/Softball 23 starters.

Default Re: Baseball/Softball 23 starters.

All I care about is first pitch is coming around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I haven't seen Alexa Langeliers called "Lex" anywhere else. When did this start?
    Her nickname since a toddler. She is called that by everyone on the team and on other teams that she has played on.

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    If Lejuene played well enough to be ahead of Taylor then we’re in good shape. I was very impressed with Taylor from what I saw in the fall.
    Did any of them pull for the Tigers at Tigers stadium when UL was playing at home?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Her nickname since a toddler. She is called that by everyone on the team and on other teams that she has played on. Most of the players have nicknames that they are called.
    My daughter in laws name is Alexa, everyone calls her Lex...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    My daughter in laws name is Alexa, everyone calls her Lex...
    Yes, pretty common nickname for that name.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I'm way more into football and basketball.

I have access to baseball and softball tickets but haven't been able to attend many of those games the last couple of years. I was genuinely interested to learn more about the upcoming teams but carry on
    My podcast introducing the seven new players will drop on Tuesday, followed a few days later by the returning players. Keep an eye out for it. I will post it here on RP. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    My podcast introducing the seven new players will drop on Tuesday, followed a few days later by the returning players. Keep an eye out for it. I will post it here on RP. Thanks.
    Thanks Roarman. While we are talking about nicknames Roarman had to fill me in the other day on a nickname of a current player that I didn't know she went by.

Thanks Roarman. While we are talking about nicknames Roarman had to fill me in the other day on a nickname of a current player that I didn't know she went by.
    Wow! Great post. Thanks for sharing

Yes, pretty common nickname for that name.
    I'm showing my age with this, but that's not my experience. Lex is a nickname for Alexander/Alex, Lexie is the nickname for Alexandria/Alexa. It's fine, I just never heard Alexa referred to as Lex.

I'm showing my age with this, but that's not my experience. Lex is a nickname for Alexander/Alex, Lexie is the nickname for Alexandria/Alexa. It's fine, I just never heard Alexa referred to as Lex.
    Every Alexander I know is either Alex or Xan.

11. Default Re: Baseball/Softball 23 starters.

If you don't know those names then I doubt that you are even a casual fan. For that I can't help you.
    I try to keep up, but after an off season I always appreciate a full name refresher.

https://www.google.com/search?q=alex...obile&ie=UTF-8

The name has many options.

13. Default Re: Baseball/Softball 23 starters.

. . . when a third of the roster was from STM, Teurlings, Notre Dame, North Vermilion and VC . . . first name or Nick Name posting might have been ok . . . with this roster it is suspected that it was done as an intentional disruptive conduct . . . can’t even look up a Nick Name . . . oh well . . .

14. Default Re: Baseball/Softball 23 starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    If Lejuene played well enough to be ahead of Taylor then we’re in good shape. I was very impressed with Taylor from what I saw in the fall.
    Agree whole heartedly. We'll see what they can do when the lights come on for real, but I really like Jon Taylor. Quintessential grinder type guy. Peyton is a player too. And I know Deggs really wanted Peyton here and they see these guys everyday.

But from the little bit we've been able to see, JT looks like a gamer...

Who do you guys see securing starting spots for the baseball and softball team.

I will go with baseball first:

Max 2nd base
    Julian Catcher
    Kyle Short Stop
    Carson Center field

I think all other spots are up for grab.

Softball:

Lex Shortstop
    Sophie Catcher

I think all other spots are up for grab.

It is way early and there will be some mixing and matching early in the season, but I think the spots listed are nailed down.
    Why are the baseball Cajuns moving their best defensive outfielder to 2nd? Couldn’t Lejeune or Taylor who ever doesn’t win the 3rd base competition play 2nd? Both were good SS in HS and have good bats, Lejeune a true switch hitter and Taylor swings from the Left. I just think Max is better than Rock defensively in center. You got to be strong up the middle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information