Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 79, South Alabama 76

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 79, South Alabama 76

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    2 separate 2 game trips. They did go to class Wednesday morning before leaving for Monroe Wednesday afternoon. I think they were on the bus the entire weekend for traveling. This coming week, I believe they leave by plane on Wednesday for the trip to Jonesboro (Arkansas State game Thursday night). Probably fly to San Marcos after that game for the Texas State contest Saturday afternoon. Pretty sure they bus home Saturday evening. Monday is a holiday so no class that day. They will attend their Tuesday spring semester classes for the first time this coming week. Team has been traveling a lot this season. Following this coming week, they will have been away from home for 11 of the 15 D1 games. The non D1 games do not count in the NET standings so they can be ignored in some ways. All of this goes to show the ability to charter flights would be a huge upgrade to the program. Gonzaga has said when they went to that model is when their program improved. Of course they are a private school with lots of financial resources to tap. I know this is immaterial to us at this stage as we have plenty of higher priorities in the athletic department funding wish list.
    Seems like the conference really **** the bed with the schedule this year. They did so good to create a regional 2 “pod” conferences to make travel easier, but for some reason the travel partners are nowhere near each other. It has to take a big toll on budgets and players.

The travel schedule looks like a goat ate some scrabble tiles, “processed them” and the SBC said “that’s good”.

3. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 79, South Alabama 76

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The travel schedule looks like a goat ate some scrabble tiles, “processed them” and the SBC said “that’s good”.
    Did you say TOGA party?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Did you say TOGA party?
    Never know…

9 of the record 11 ranked teams that lost yesterday were on the road. Tennessee and SDSU lost at home.

Road wins are nice, no matter the opponent.

Add UCONN (H) and Marquette (R) (Sunday) to the ranked weekend carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Seems like the conference really **** the bed with the schedule this year. They did so good to create a regional 2 “pod” conferences to make travel easier, but for some reason the travel partners are nowhere near each other. It has to take a big toll on budgets and players.
    There will be more meetings to discuss travel situation for basketball in the offseason. Wednesday and Saturdays are a possibility. Closer looks at the travel partner set ups are going to happen. Problem is odd number of teams in the east and west. You would have one outlier school in each time zone. I was disappointed in another aspect of the schedule and that is our four games vs ULM and USM. All four are on Thursdays. Those are drivable weekend games for diehard fans.

There will be more meetings to discuss travel situation for basketball in the offseason. Wednesday and Saturdays are a possibility. Closer looks at the travel partner set ups are going to happen. Problem is odd number of teams in the east and west. You would have one outlier school in each time zone. I was disappointed in another aspect of the schedule and that is our four games vs ULM and USM. All four are on Thursdays. Those are drivable weekend games for diehard fans.
    The coaches need to inform the conference of their needs and concerns before the schedule is released.

Started to glance at other 4-2 teams. Marshall has played one road SBC game, 5 home. They finish with 6 of 8 on the road.

UL and USM has played 2 home, 4 away. Troy and Georgia Southern 3-3, ULM 4 home games.

Like how this sets up for the stretch run for UL. The USM roadie is huge for UL.

Mike, a complete change of topic but I wanted to ask you this in regards to the ULM game last weekend. We were dominating the game in the second half and ULM made a big surge in the 6 minute mark or so and I noticed we struggled handling the ball and Fulks was nowhere to be seen on the court after he played well in the game prior to that. Was there a reason that Marlin nearly blew that game holding Fulks on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Mike, a complete change of topic but I wanted to ask you this in regards to the ULM game last weekend. We were dominating the game in the second half and ULM made a big surge in the 6 minute mark or so and I noticed we struggled handling the ball and Fulks was nowhere to be seen on the court after he played well in the game prior to that. Was there a reason that Marlin nearly blew that game holding Fulks on the bench?
    We talk about the Fulks minutes at ULM in this week’s pod. Should be released later today. Lead never was less than 7.

We talk about the Fulks minutes at ULM in this week’s pod. Should be released later today. Lead never was less than 7.
    From 16. LOL. That wouldn't concern you. Since I don't have the time to listen to the pod, can you just state here?

Teams that are down, especially playing at home, a run or two can be expected. That's how UL beat El Aye Tech earlier this season. They had UL dead to rights, Cajuns slowly chipped away and had a final push to win.

Not making an excuse, it's part of basketball.

Fulks let crowd get to him and he interacted in a not so good way with them. Guess Coach thought it was best to handle the situation in this manner. I have no idea if the interaction was anything close to physical or if it was done to ensure it didn’t escalate. It did affect team. But technicals wouldn’t have been good either.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Fulks let crowd get to him and he interacted in a not so good way with them. Guess Coach thought it was best to handle the situation in this manner. I have no idea if the interaction was anything close to physical or if it was done to ensure it didn’t escalate. It did affect team. But technicals wouldn’t have been good either.
    I finally went back and listened to what they said. Of course they didn't really elaborate on his comments so I have no idea what he said so I have no idea if it was a harsh decision or not but I think context always needs to be brought into play when making that kind of decision. Either way, we let that game get way too close in the last 5-7 minutes because Fulks wasn't in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I finally went back and listened to what they said. Of course they didn't really elaborate on his comments so I have no idea what he said so I have no idea if it was a harsh decision or not but I think context always needs to be brought into play when making that kind of decision. Either way, we let that game get way too close in the last 5-7 minutes because Fulks wasn't in the game.
    Fulks did it again Saturday against USA. He needs to get that under control.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Fulks did it again Saturday against USA. He needs to get that under control.
    Don't think the word is out an opponent can get under his skin. Time to grow up.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information