Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 4 game win streak

Default Re: 4 game win streak

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Not exactly. Just about every team will have a better winning percentage than at home. I gave examples of undefeated road teams, they happen to be good on the road and at home. Teams can be both.
    Those teams are just better than their opponents regardless of where they play.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Those teams are just better than their opponents regardless of where they play.
    Maybe so but they still win. Good teams very seldom go on the road so when they do they are usually playing a solid opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Maybe so but they still win. Good teams very seldom go on the road so when they do they are usually playing a solid opponent.
    You can expand that comment to say major conference teams rarely go on the road. LSU did not play one single true road game in non conference play. That schedule did not help them. Now they are struggling in the SEC. Lost by 40 at Alabama yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Ok, let me rephrase then. Only 7/358 D1 basketball teams are good road teams.
    Hyperbole much?

Obviously the staff made adjustments at halftime and the team flipped the script scoring wise with the inside game the rest of the way.

Glad it as their clock operator that messed up at the end, that’s all on their own personnel, not even the refs.

You can not play well on the road and still win depending on your opponent. Being a good road team would be that you play better on the road than home.
    You can absolutely be a good road team and still play better at home. Was Kobe not a good basketball player because Jordan was better?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    You can absolutely be a good road team and still play better at home. Was Kobe not a good basketball player because Jordan was better?
    Neither of those are teams and the analogy doesn’t apply at all to this. Just because you aren’t as good on the road doesn’t mean you aren’t still
    good enough to win. Saying most teams aren’t good on the road and nobody wins on the road are not the same.

Neither of those are teams and the analogy doesn’t apply at all to this. Just because you aren’t as good on the road doesn’t mean you aren’t stop good enough to win.
    Pick whatever analogy you want. Just because you are better at one task doesn’t mean you aren’t good at another. “As good” yes. “Good” no. Words matter.

Pick whatever analogy you want. Just because you are better at one task doesn’t mean you aren’t good at another. “As good” yes. “Good” no. Words matter.
    The Astros for instance, they were actually better on the road than at home when they were “caught cheating” that would be a good road team

10. Default Re: 4 game win streak

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I know you just like to find any reason to bash our basketball team, but dude, nobody is a good road team. There are so many factors that go against you when you play on the road. Any road win is a good win.
    "as" is only 2 letters, but if you had said 'nobody is as good on the road' this debate might have been avoided.

Fact is we are always comparing one team to another team so in that sense there are actually teams that are considered good road teams simply because they do better than most other teams do on the road.

Your later point about how all teams do better at home is also true, but better at home does not mean "nobody is a good road team."

jmo

The Astros for instance, they were actually better on the road than at home when they were “caught cheating” that would be a good road team
    Being better at one task does not preclude you from being good at another. I can’t say it any simpler than that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Unfortunately the Cajuns not a good road team again
    But good enough to win, again.

I will always take the W!

13. Default Re: 4 game win streak

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    But good enough to win, again.

I will always take the W!
    Over .500 after yesterday

Being better at one task does not preclude you from being good at another. I can’t say it any simpler than that.
    Great, bc I didn’t say that either.

Great, bc I didn’t say that either.
    You did. “Being a good road team would mean that you are better on the road than at home.” This is false. You aren’t “as good.” It doesn’t mean you are not “good.”

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information