Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 4 game win streak

Default Re: 4 game win streak

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    You did. “Being a good road team would mean that you are better on the road than at home.” This is false. You aren’t “as good.” It doesn’t mean you are not “good.”
    Or maybe we have different opinions of what we think a good road team means? if you play like ___ on the road and still win does it make you a good Road team? Or simply when you play like ___ you are still better than that particular opponent? To me, a good road team is a team that actually plays well on the road, not just that they are so much more talented they can still win. The “anybody, anywhere, any time teams”

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You can expand that comment to say major conference teams rarely go on the road. LSU did not play one single true road game in non conference play. That schedule did not help them. Now they are struggling in the SEC. Lost by 40 at Alabama yesterday.
    Narrow home wins vs. the likes of Wofford and UTA have honed that team. Book it.

They need to join the Big South.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Or maybe we have different opinions of what we think a good road team means? if you play like ___ on the road and still win does it make you a good Road team? Or simply when you play like ___ you are still better than that particular opponent? To me, a good road team is a team that actually plays well on the road, not just that they are so much more talented they can still win. The “anybody, anywhere, any time teams”
    All those things are beside the point being contested. You do not have to be better at activity 2 than activity 1 to still be good at activity 2.

I didn’t get to see much of the game. Based on stats it looked like Lewis had a poor game which makes the win that much more impressive.

Has he been our most consistent player this year?

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I didn’t get to see much of the game. Based on stats it looked like Lewis had a poor game which makes the win that much more impressive.

Has he been out most consistent player this year?
    He’s up there for sure. Marlin mentioned in the postgame that Lewis got the first two defensive boards of the game and didn’t produce much from that point on, so they decided to lean more heavily on Charles down the stretch. Turned out to be a good decision as he played excellent defense and forced a critical late game jump ball. In game adjustments are a common complaint on Marlin, but he got it done yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Cajuns on a 3 game win streak. Could make it 4 today on the road at south. 4 game win streaks are rare in conference under Bob, and on the road 3 more games makes it tougher. So when does this little streak end?
    South
    Ark state
    Tx state
    Or continues to the dome?
    It’s not a poll question. Just discussion. I personally never like our chances in mobile but they did win in dramatic fashion against JMU Thursday. So I’ll take the Cajuns today and probably in Arkansas.
    Well its needed since we dropped two bad ones to start conference.

7. Default Re: 4 game win streak

. . . last week combined with this week gives us a chance to establish our potential prowess on the road . . . if we do, will that mean we are a good road team or a team that is good on the road . . . inquiring minds want to know . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Saying that "nobody" is a good road team is a stretch. Houston, Purdue, Alabama, Kansas, UCLA, San Diego St, Texas, and Xavier would all like to have a conversation with you. All these teams are undefeated on the road.
    texas has only played two road games and kansas three

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post

Has he been our most consistent player this year?
    You will continue to see his stats decrease most likely. Charles will take more and more of his minutes because Joe's defense is game changing.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    You will continue to see his stats decrease most likely. Charles will take more and more of his minutes because Joe's defense is game changing.
    I agree! He has really stepped up his game over the last 4 games. I think Isaiah Richards has stepped up his game too, not at the same level as JC, but still significant, giving DB some rest; and he is staying out of foul trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    We will talk more about Joe in this week's podcast. However, the decision to start Joe in the second half at USA was a key factor in the outcome of that game. That is not to say Lewis cannot continue to be a contributor. The baskets he gets in the lane and rebounds are very valuable. You never know who is "on" that night and it is up to the coaching staff to figure that out in the first 15 minutes of the game.

Our win against Tx St gives us a 4-0 record on this road swing. The last time we did that was 46 years ago.

That’s pretty good for a “bad road team.”

13. Default Re: 4 game win streak

. . . who said we were a bad road team . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Our win against Tx St gives us a 4-0 record on this road swing. The last time we did that was 46 years ago.

That’s pretty good for a “bad road team.”
    Marlin should have brought julien back a little slower than those first 2 road conference games. We should be undefeated in conference.

15. Default Re: 4 game win streak

. . . Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda . . .

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information