Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 86, ULM 73

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 86, ULM 73

Clean up the turnovers and missed free throws and that’s a route.

Climbing back up the standings. A win at SOAL will be a heck of a start to the long road stretch.

Side note: southern miss and Marshall on the deuce? Pretty cool. Not sure if that game got flexed. I can imagine it did with their records.

Shooting 61.5% goes a long ways covering the 19 turnovers.

Nice to see Richard get teed up. 5 point trip for UL.

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/mens-.boxscore/12141

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/women.boxscore/12160

3. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 86, ULM 73

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Shooting 61.5% goes a long ways covering the 19 turnovers.

Nice to see Richard get teed up. 5 point trip for UL.

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/mens-.boxscore/12141

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/women.boxscore/12160
    I know we complain about Marlin, but I fail to see how Keith Richard is still at ULM. I know financially they are strapped and he is a favorite son, being that he played and coached there for a long time, but man the stats are not great.

Overall Richard is 298-356, but at ULM he is much worse only going 148-240 (38% winning %) and 81-143 (36% winning %) in conference. He has not had a winning season since 2018 where he went 19-16 and only 3 winning seasons in 13. His best finish in conference was in 2014 and 2015 where they finished 2nd.

He was actually a pretty good coach win/loss wise at La Tech where he was 150-117 in 9 years at Tech, but the success has not translated at ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know we complain about Marlin, but I fail to see how Keith Richard is still at ULM. I know financially they are strapped and he is a favorite son, being that he played and coached there for a long time, but man the stats are not great.

Overall Richard is 298-356, but at ULM he is much worse only going 148-240 (38% winning %) and 81-143 (36% winning %) in conference. He has not had a winning season since 2018 where he went 19-16 and only 3 winning seasons in 13. His best finish in conference was in 2014 and 2015 where they finished 2nd.

He was actually a pretty good coach win/loss wise at La Tech where he was 150-117 in 9 years at Tech, but the success has not translated at ULM.
    Three things are why he’s hung around.

1. Since 1984, less 3 years at Marshall, he’s been in the LASARS retirement system. 32/33 years.

2. He’s a favorite son. Won’t mess with those with that much time. That’s a self inflicted wound on the part of the ULM administration. Fans loved the hire, especially getting him from LSU. Basically, they got what they paid for, good PR, a little bump in fans, but nothing else

3. And ULM loves him, got him on the cheap, because retirement is a driver at the end of the day, not a big annual salary. Oh course no university hires them for the retirement reason but it ends up THE reason the university is reluctant to cut ties. After all, who wants to run one of us? And you’ll have a group of supporters willing to fall on the sword for their friend.

That’s the risk you take when hiring guys that never or barely leave the state as coaches. You can look at every university athletic department in this state and they have or had this scenario.

Richard as a head coach has never made the NCAA tournament. 2 NITs, and 4 pay and plays. My ULM friend is akin to some on RP…”this might be the year they finally fire him”.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Richard

Name a conference sport ULM has been a consistent above avg competitive team in last 10-15 years? There's your answer.

That said, for the talent Richard can get to ULM.I think he does a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Name a conference sport ULM has been a consistent above avg competitive team in last 10-15 years? There's your answer.

That said, for the talent Richard can get to ULM.I think he does a good job.
    I respect your opinion, but it sound so “Martin Hall” or whatever the ULM administration building is named.

LASERS=Louisiana State Employees Retirement System. My wife is a 33 year retiree. Now working on her TRSL retirement.

Default Re: MBB Cajuns v ULM

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Interesting comment by Coach after game. Crowd got to our PG while on bench. Maybe why he wasn’t on court at end of game. Wondering.
    Got the win. South Al next. They were in a tight one
    Yes. I was worried he got hurt; he didn't play for the last 6 plus minutes of the game. I think that caused a lot of our turnovers but I did see some good plays by Kentrell Garnett.

I think it was a learning experience for Themus.

Default Re: MBB Cajuns v ULM

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Yes. I was worried he got hurt; he didn't play for the last 6 plus minutes of the game. I think that caused a lot of our turnovers but I did see some good plays by Kentrell Garnett.

I think it was a learning experience for Themus.
    Lewis was turned around in the handshake line talking shat to the students. They were a mouthy bunch.

Not sure what Richard is making, but it's the same administration that put this together to hire Terry Bowden so they can win 4-5 games a year. Seems like they are content with just staying afloat.

This was pulled from a 2021 article. If that's his salary, I can imagine it's the lowest in FBS.

"The proposed contract is a four-year agreement through Dec. 31, 2024. Bowden will earn $350,000 in base pay and a possible $50,000 in incentives if the Warhawks become bowl eligible or win the Sun Belt Conference — the same salary structure as former ULM coach Matt Viator.

Other benefits include an annual housing allowance of $40,000, an annual vehicle allowance of $10,000 and a monthly cell phone allowance of $45."

Hope he has rollover minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Not sure what Richard is making, but it's the same administration that put this together to hire Terry Bowden so they can win 4-5 games a year. Seems like they are content with just staying afloat.

This was pulled from a 2021 article. If that's his salary, I can imagine it's the lowest in FBS.

"The proposed contract is a four-year agreement through Dec. 31, 2024. Bowden will earn $350,000 in base pay and a possible $50,000 in incentives if the Warhawks become bowl eligible or win the Sun Belt Conference — the same salary structure as former ULM coach Matt Viator.

Other benefits include an annual housing allowance of $40,000, an annual vehicle allowance of $10,000 and a monthly cell phone allowance of $45."

Hope he has rollover minutes.
    Supposedly up to 600K. If the ULM administration, in the opinion of some, is content getting what they paid for, is that where we’re are heading overall?

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

12. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 86, ULM 73

If this is accurate, Keith Richard is making $231K a year. If that is correct, he is way overpaid for his results.

https://govsalaries.com/richard-keith-g-137604195

If this is accurate, Keith Richard is making $231K a year. If that is correct, he is way overpaid for his results.

They’re NLU’ing it…

14. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 86, ULM 73

He is still has the under on Marlin in dollar cost per win.

15. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 86, ULM 73

The Big Fish is cruising . . .

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information