Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Every fan board B&M... thats what the fan board is for.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    He failed to capitalize on the best 3 years of UL Football, there are no Excuses for that fail...
    I don’t disagree. But if the best 3 years alone don’t generate a smidgin of interest in the community there is nothing Bryan could have done to generate a decent amount of interest. Like you said we just came off our 3 best years. That alone with out an ounce of advertisement should get you at minimum 15k attendance at every game. We had 7 against Troy if we are luck. That’s not an AD problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I don’t disagree. But if the best 3 years alone don’t generate a smidgin of interest in the community there is nothing Bryan could have done to generate a decent amount of interest. Like you said we just came off our 3 best years. That alone with out an ounce of advertisement should get you at minimum 15k attendance at every game. We had 7 against Troy if we are luck. That’s not an AD problem.
    He's the head guy...that whole dumpster fire is his problem.

Y’all do realize the more successful we are, the more the local community resents us. Also, the AD isn’t free to do whatever the hell he wants to do. That falls on Martin Hall.

Terrible game day service….Sodexo, out of the AD’s hands it’s a Martin Hall problem.

How have y’all not figured out that the AD is only allowed to do what Martin Hall says he can do? Dr Maggard is being the scapegoat. He has done a pretty darn good job as AD during his tenure. But if the direction he would like to see the athletic program go in, isn’t supported by Martin Hall there is only so much he can do.

IMHO his biggest failure so far is retaining Marlin. Second to that is finding the cash for the baseball club house.

5. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Folks... The problem is not Maggard. Follow the money. Follow the bureaucracy. Bryan knows what the issues are. He is a realist. But look, you can have the perfect checklist for solutions and without the tools to work on them, you will accomplish nothing.

The RCAF is not autonomous. The AD's office is not autonomous. You don't blame a general manager when a publicly traded company takes a bath on the stock exchange.

6. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    And they are continuing to chip away at the non-supporting local community to get them on board. It's really not his fault that it takes longer than many fans think it should.

I think a lot of the lack of fan interest is part of our fault, the fans on here. We _____ and moan about everything, every little thing. Then we wonder why no one wants to join us.
    We’re not unique in p€%%ing and moaning as a fan message board. Can’t push that onto these fans. We’re in a similar situation to TxSt. A huge national program an hour away.

7. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

He did virtually nothing. Could be a MH issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Y’all do realize the more successful we are, the more the local community resents us. Also, the AD isn’t free to do whatever the hell he wants to do. That falls on Martin Hall.

Terrible game day service….Sodexo, out of the AD’s hands it’s a Martin Hall problem.

How have y’all not figured out that the AD is only allowed to do what Martin Hall says he can do? Dr Maggard is being the scapegoat. He has done a pretty darn good job as AD during his tenure. But if the direction he would like to see the athletic program go in, isn’t supported by Martin Hall there is only so much he can do.

IMHO his biggest failure so far is retaining Marlin. Second to that is finding the cash for the baseball club house.
    Agree. I have said it before and I will say it again he is the best AD in my life time here. Until we get rid of the Ray A way of thinking on that circular drive that faces university things will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Agree. I have said it before and I will say it again he is the best AD in my life time here. Until we get rid of the Ray A way of thinking on that circular drive that faces university things will never change.
    This right here. I held out hope when we got rid of Farmer and appeared that we were all in implementing the recommendations of the Alden report. Based on the past 50 years since the fossil first became president, now with his apprentice in place, I should have known better.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    He's the head guy...that whole dumpster fire is his problem.
    Yep. He’s the head guy trying to move full steam ahead with both hands tied behind his back and shackles on his feet. You try to accomplish something under those conditions.

Yep. He’s the head guy trying to move full steam ahead with both hands tied behind his back and shackles on his feet. You try to accomplish something under those conditions.
    It costs very little to promote games, season tickets, and get coaches and athletes out in the city mingling with potential fans. None of this happens. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    So, beating a ranked team is a no brainer and it's great for your program. But I disagree with your premise that it helped us get ranked the next year. The next year we lost to Texas on the road and then won 13 consecutive games including the conference championship and that is why we ended up ranked. The Iowa St game had nothing to do with finishing the 2021 season ranked.
    No way we finish 2021 ranked in the Top 15 without starting the year in the preseason Top 25. No way we start 2021 in the preseason Top 25 without finishing 2020 in the Top 15. No way we finish 2020 in the Top 15 without beating Iowa State.

You said it has nothing to do with the ULM model, and yet you stated, "Another Pay. Growth" That is totally contradictory to your statement that it has nothing to do with the ULM model. Yet that is exactly their mentality when it comes to playing multiple P5 programs to raise revenue. And they begin every season 0-4 or 0-3, putting their team in a hole and killing interest in their program before their first home game.
    Acknowledging the benefit of more money does not equate to prostituting your program. That is what they do. We are not them. We shouldn't even be in the same NCAA Division. You are comparing apples to oranges.

I'm certain I've been around longer than you when it comes to being a UL Football fan. I've seen exactly what that kind of scheduling does to a program during the Stokely and Bustle Era. I have no interest in returning to that kind of scheduling.
    Again, you're comparing 2 very different programs. The budgets of Stokely and Bustle are ancient history. Scheduling back then was a symptom of the problem, not the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    And they are continuing to chip away at the non-supporting local community to get them on board. It's really not his fault that it takes longer than many fans think it should.

I think a lot of the lack of fan interest is part of our fault, the fans on here. We _____ and moan about everything, every little thing. Then we wonder why no one wants to join us.
    Yeah, it's OUR fault. Us. The people on RaginPagin. We're to blame for the non support. I mean, clearly that's the reason. If I had a dollar for everytime I tried to get someone to support UL and they said, "I would, but I noticed on RaginPagin that a lot of people critique stuff...I just can't support that."

*hard eye roll

Oh come on, nobody blaming Covid yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    No way we finish 2021 ranked in the Top 15 without starting the year in the preseason Top 25. No way we start 2021 in the preseason Top 25 without finishing 2020 in the Top 15. No way we finish 2020 in the Top 15 without beating Iowa State.

Acknowledging the benefit of more money does not equate to prostituting your program. That is what they do. We are not them. We shouldn't even be in the same NCAA Division. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Again, you're comparing 2 very different programs. The budgets of Stokely and Bustle are ancient history. Scheduling back then was a symptom of the problem, not the cause.
    We cant even beat them in football, but we should be in a different league?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information