Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The most important win in the history of this program was the win at Iowa State. You cannot deny that win set us up for National rankings 2 years straight. I want more, not fewer, opportunities to do that again. Growth.

Another payday. Growth.

Home games have become nearly meaningless for many schools. We have had 6, on paper, for many years. Yet, we really only had 3 or 4 attendable games each year due to the midweek garbage. Also, nearly EVERY GAME is streamed. Does it really matter that much if we have one less FCS game or MAC game that nobody cares about? I would much rather watch us play at Baylor than at home versus the alternatives.
    So, beating a ranked team is a no brainer and it's great for your program. But I disagree with your premise that it helped us get ranked the next year. The next year we lost to Texas on the road and then won 13 consecutive games including the conference championship and that is why we ended up ranked. The Iowa St game had nothing to do with finishing the 2021 season ranked. There is more than one way to get there and if you can beat a ranked team along the way, it only enhances your resume.

I'm not against playing a P5 team yearly. Where you and I part ways is on giving up a sixth home game to play a P5 game. You said it has nothing to do with the ULM model, and yet you stated, "Another Pay. Growth" That is totally contradictory to your statement that it has nothing to do with the ULM model. Yet that is exactly their mentality when it comes to playing multiple P5 programs to raise revenue. And they begin every season 0-4 or 0-3, putting their team in a hole and killing interest in their program before their first home game.

I'm certain I've been around longer than you when it comes to being a UL Football fan. I've seen exactly what that kind of scheduling does to a program during the Stokely and Bustle Era. I have no interest in returning to that kind of scheduling.

BTW, we played Florida State this year, play Minnesota this year and Michigan State next year. Sounds like we have ample opportunity to defeat a P5 program and we still play six home games.

2. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Don't be surprised if Maggard is gone within a year, Miss St? JMO.
    He needs to get BBoyd in there before he departs . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Still think flying under 6 hours is pointless
    They flew to So Miss this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Don't be surprised if Maggard is gone within a year, Miss St? JMO.
    He doesn’t have the resume for that (, yet). Our athletic department isn’t in great shape. He can hang his hat on a few good coaching hires and a decent 2-3 year football stretch. But negatives of a possible bad coaching hire and a failing fundraiser for a new stadium

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    a failing fundraiser for a new stadium
    That is Maggard's Albatros. Other than retirement or doing a Scott Farmer, he is stuck here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That is Maggard's Albatros. Other than retirement or doing a Scott Farmer, he is stuck here.
    I disagree. He has had some other offers that have been turned down.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    They flew to So Miss this year.
    Then I don't want to hear about money issues.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    He doesn’t have the resume for that (, yet). Our athletic department isn’t in great shape. He can hang his hat on a few good coaching hires and a decent 2-3 year football stretch. But negatives of a possible bad coaching hire and a failing fundraiser for a new stadium
    It’s hard to blame a guy for a failing fund raiser for a stadium in a community where no one supports the institution. All your major businesses would rather throw their dollars at State A&M. There is nothing Maggard are anyone else in his position will ever do to change that. We are fortunate to have him and lucky he hasn’t given up on this p!$$ poor excuse for support of a local university by its alumni and local community.

9. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Working on PR.Omotional skills would help Maggard's future endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    It’s hard to blame a guy for a failing fund raiser for a stadium in a community where no one supports the institution. All your major businesses would rather throw their dollars at State A&M. There is nothing Maggard are anyone else in his position will ever do to change that. We are fortunate to have him and lucky he hasn’t given up on this p!$$ poor excuse for support of a local university by its alumni and local community.
    Sure.

But to get a better AD job, he needs results.

Caveat: Someone knows him well and gets him a job.

He failed to capitalize on the best 3 years of UL Football, there are no Excuses for that fail...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    He failed to capitalize on the best 3 years of UL Football, there are no Excuses for that fail...
    Well, well he saved some money.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Basketball has a banner for a tournament they paid to get into. Zero banners for 4 west titles or 2 SBC championships lol. One being the 1st outright championship since the 50s

And they are continuing to chip away at the non-supporting local community to get them on board. It's really not his fault that it takes longer than many fans think it should.

I think a lot of the lack of fan interest is part of our fault, the fans on here. We _____ and moan about everything, every little thing. Then we wonder why no one wants to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    And they are continuing to chip away at the non-supporting local community to get them on board. It's really not his fault that it takes longer than many fans think it should.

I think a lot of the lack of fan interest is part of our fault, the fans on here. We _____ and moan about everything, every little thing. Then we wonder why no one wants to join us.
    Most of Lafayette won't come to Saturday home games but will come on this message board.... lmfao ok

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information