Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

1. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Des beat us when he pulled a QB that scored his first 2 possessions of the game. He just told the rest of his team my word to this one kid is more important than the rest of you. It was like someone stuck a pin in a ballon on that sideline they got deflated so fast.
    As has been stated many times, ULM's coach was not going to just sit there and not make adjustments.

Chandler also would not have had a scripted drive on his third series.

Also two successful drives was not enough to completely erase the memory of Chandler only passing for 38 yards the week before.

What was also not forgotten was how the quarterbacks one-two punch had scored on every single possession 3 quarters prior.

Desormeaux may have been out coached but not for the reason you stated.

2. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Some post about the games and some post about their agenda . . . it is proper to evaluate each post to determine what significance to place on the content . . .

Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Question: Will it enhance our chances of getting a home game and TV coverage by moving the date to Week Zero, Sat Aug 27th? The old NMSU date becomes a Bye week.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    They did beat us this year...
    How many bowl games have they attended in the past decade? Let's stick to the relevance of the thread.

So it’s Mcneese at home in 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    As has been stated many times, ULM's coach was not going to just sit there and not make adjustments.

Chandler also would not have had a scripted drive on his third series.

Also two successful drives was not enough to completely erase the memory of Chandler only passing for 38 yards the week before.

What was also not forgotten was how the quarterbacks one-two punch had scored on every single possession 3 quarters prior.

Desormeaux may have been out coached but not for the reason you stated.
    Said nothing about Desormeaux being out coached. The air being let out of the entire teams sail was obvious. That team got so deflated after that and couldn’t bounce back if you were watching you should have easily seen it. If you were watching and didn’t notice maybe you were never a part of that type of experience.

7. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Said nothing about Desormeaux being out coached. The air being let out of the entire teams sail was obvious. That team got so deflated after that and couldn’t bounce back if you were watching you should have easily seen it. If you were watching and didn’t notice maybe you were never a part of that type of experience.
    You said "Des beat us" well, the mano a mano nature of coaching matchups makes it cut and dried, "Des beat us" is clearly a statement indicating he was out coached.

Now then, I said he may have been out coached (overall) but not because they didn't score on the 3rd series.

8. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

. . . like I said . . . it is proper to evaluate each post to determine what significance to place on the content . . .

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    So it’s Mcneese at home in 2023?
    No one said that...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    No one said that...
    Who else is left with an open date?

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Who else is left with an open date?
    SMU, Baylor....are there others?

12. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    SMU, Baylor....are there others?
    McNeese

13. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

We need to do whatever it takes to get a home FBS game. If that means 2 for 1 so be it.

I sure hope NMSU has to pay us for this. They put us in a bind.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You said "Des beat us" well, the mano a mano nature of coaching matchups makes it cut and dried, "Des beat us" is clearly a statement indicating he was out coached.

Now then, I said he may have been out coached (overall) but not because they didn't score on the 3rd series.
    No. He beat us when he deflated his own team. When he said to them my word to Ben is more important than my commitment to the rest of you. I know we are hot and just scored twice in a row but I told Ben he was in. It was like sticking a needle in a balloon on that side line. Nothing to do with 3rd series, 4th series. His team got deflated never got back up and it changed the entire complexion of that game

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information