Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 204

Thread: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

  1. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    No. He beat us when he deflated his own team. When he said to them my word to Ben is more important than my commitment to the rest of you. I know we are hot and just scored twice in a row but I told Ben he was in. It was like sticking a needle in a balloon on that side line. Nothing to do with 3rd series, 4th series. His team got deflated never got back up and it changed the entire complexion of that game
    Never in the history of football has NOT scoring on the THIRD series of a game, deflated a team, popped a bubble or ruined a game.

    As has been stated many times, ULM's coach was not going to just sit there and NOT make adjustments, he made adjustments.

    Don't ignore that Chandler also would not have had a scripted drive on his third series, and he has never produced a scoring drive on three successive series on his own.

    Chandler only passing for 38 yards the week before, this team was not going to lose confidence with him sitting a series.

    Two games prior swapping the QBs resulted in scoring on every single possession of the second half. Swapping when they did was scripted and a savvy coach will recognise momentum but that was not a game changer.

  2. #92

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yet you failed to explain how it's growth for the program? So, who's being disingenuous here? On paper, giving up another home game for the opportunity to play another P5 on the road looks the same, irrespective of the motive.
    The most important win in the history of this program was the win at Iowa State. You cannot deny that win set us up for National rankings 2 years straight. I want more, not fewer, opportunities to do that again. Growth.

    Another payday. Growth.

    Home games have become nearly meaningless for many schools. We have had 6, on paper, for many years. Yet, we really only had 3 or 4 attendable games each year due to the midweek garbage. Also, nearly EVERY GAME is streamed. Does it really matter that much if we have one less FCS game or MAC game that nobody cares about? I would much rather watch us play at Baylor than at home versus the alternatives.

  3. #93

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The most important win in the history of this program was the win at Iowa State. You cannot deny that win set us up for National rankings 2 years straight. I want more, not fewer, opportunities to do that again. Growth.

    Another payday. Growth.

    Home games have become nearly meaningless for many schools. We have had 6, on paper, for many years. Yet, we really only had 3 or 4 attendable games each year due to the midweek garbage. Also, nearly EVERY GAME is streamed. Does it really matter that much if we have one less FCS game or MAC game that nobody cares about? I would much rather watch us play at Baylor than at home versus the alternatives.
    With our current financial situation, it would not surprise me if we played an additional "money" game in 2023.

  4. #94

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    With our current financial situation, it would not surprise me if we played an additional "money" game in 2023.
    Maggard has connections with Baylor. Cheap bus trip to Waco

  5. #95
    KajunKrazy is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Maggard has connections with Baylor. Cheap bus trip to Waco
    They not bussing to Waco if they were to play Baylor. At least they didnít to Austin. It is about the same distance.

  6. #96

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Never in the history of football has NOT scoring on the THIRD series of a game, deflated a team, popped a bubble or ruined a game.

    As has been stated many times, ULM's coach was not going to just sit there and NOT make adjustments, he made adjustments.

    Don't ignore that Chandler also would not have had a scripted drive on his third series, and he has never produced a scoring drive on three successive series on his own.

    Chandler only passing for 38 yards the week before, this team was not going to lose confidence with him sitting a series.

    Two games prior swapping the QBs resulted in scoring on every single possession of the second half. Swapping when they did was scripted and a savvy coach will recognise momentum but that was not a game changer.
    If you think not scoring on the third possession is what deflated that team then you just don’t get it. It was the message sent loud and clear to his team that did it. And they definitely heard it.

    The rest of what you said doesn’t matter. They got the message before any of that could take place and it showed in the body language.

  7. #97

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    They not bussing to Waco if they were to play Baylor.
    Flying to Dallas then bus 2-3 hours south seems pointless

  8. #98
    KajunKrazy is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Flying to Dallas then bus 2-3 hours south seems pointless
    We talking football right? Football charters flights. I am sure they would go directly to Waco Regional Airport. Why would they go to DFW?

  9. #99

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Maggard has connections with Baylor. Cheap bus trip to Waco
    If he does have connections, It ain't helping us....in football anyway...Everyday that this schedule situation isn't fixed, more doudt will creep in to how effective our AD is...

  10. #100

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    If he does have connections, It ain't helping us....in football anyway...Everyday that this schedule situation isn't fixed, more doudt will creep in to how effective our AD is...
    Agree to a point. The position NMSU left UL in is akin to being in a grocery store 9 PM Thanksgiving Eve looking for a 15 lb turkey.

    Slim pickings.

  11. #101

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    We talking football right? Football charters flights. I am sure they would go directly to Waco Regional Airport. Why would they go to DFW?
    Still think flying under 6 hours is pointless

  12. #102
    Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Agree to a point. The position NMSU left UL in is akin to being in a grocery store 9 PM Thanksgiving Eve looking for a 15 lb turkey.

    Slim pickings.
    When NMSU announced they were joining cusa which was months before they dropped us from the schedule. Shouldn’t we have been making phone calls then??

  13. Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Maggard has connections with Baylor. Cheap bus trip to Waco
    They grabbed a flight to Southern Miss a 4 hour drive, I doubt they bus to Waco an 8 hour drive.

  14. #104

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    If he does have connections, It ain't helping us....in football anyway...Everyday that this schedule situation isn't fixed, more doudt will creep in to how effective our AD is...
    Don't be surprised if Maggard is gone within a year, Miss St? JMO.

  15. #105
    Policarp's Avatar Policarp is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: New Mexico State dropped from 2023 Football Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Still think flying under 6 hours is pointless
    100% agree. It is more convenient especially after game to get home a little earlier.....the reality is actual time saved nets to only a couple hours on these short flights

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. BYU baseball releases 2023 schedule
    By MelRock in forum RagePage
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: October 20th, 2022, 12:19 pm
  2. SBC: New Mexico State and Idaho: Football Only
    By SlappyCajun in forum Conference Matters
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: July 26th, 2021, 03:10 pm
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: March 3rd, 2016, 10:03 pm
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 1st, 2016, 11:05 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •