Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth of FABruary: FabULous Cajun Chicken Returns

Default Re: FABruary 4th: FabULous Cajun Chicken Returns

Crap!!!! I gave up my season tickets this year after 25+ years, but would certainly go to this game. Unfortunately, my wife and I will be out of town on February 4th! That's just my luck! The Cajun Chicken (Russell) was the very best entertainment at UL sporting events ever. I'm distraught that I will miss this game.

Default Re: The Fourth of FABruary: FabULous Cajun Chicken Returns

How old would the cajun chicken be today? I guessing mid 60’s?

UL Basketball Re: The Fourth of FABruary: FabULous Cajun Chicken Returns

Russel told my Father in law in early December that he was making a one night appearance. Going to be great.

4. Default Re: The Fourth of FABruary: FabULous Cajun Chicken Returns

I’d love to be there.

I’ve been trying to convince Russell for a few months.

Now I know why he’s been riding his bike around the neighborhood so much recently. Game shape

Correct. He was a student in engineering with my brother who will be 65 this year.

I think we may have a good crowd. I will be picking up four tickets

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The Fourth of FABruary: FabULous Cajun Chicken Returns

Something I'll never, EVER forget is the absolute funniest thing I can ever remember seeing. At a called timeout, the Fabulous Cajun Chicken comes out on court giving his pet skunk a walk. They walk up to one of the refs (David Varisco, drummer for Atchafalya) and the skunk raises his tail at him. Visibly upset, Dave walks away from them, but the skunk wants to "spray" him some more, so he runs up and lifts his tail again. This time, Dave ejects the Chicken and his pet to a round of boos, but then the chicken runs up behind him and rips off the ref's pants, revealing a cute pair of boxer shorts with hearts all over it!! The crowd roars with laughter as Dave and Russell run off the court to end the skit. I REALLY miss that and wish I could be there on February 4th!!!

One time I saw him doing the trench coat bit passing cash to the ref, and he takes it.

Spider on the fishing pole is a classic

Default Re: FABruary 4th: FabULous Cajun Chicken Returns

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Crap!!!! I gave up my season tickets this year after 25+ years, but would certainly go to this game. Unfortunately, my wife and I will be out of town on February 4th! That's just my luck! The Cajun Chicken (Russell) was the very best entertainment at UL sporting events ever. I'm distraught that I will miss this game.
    Can he Rooster he like he use to

Be great to have him as a spirit leader when we play the beach chickens!

A little history of the Fabulous Cajun Chicken for those that were not around back then! Those were the good old days of Cajun Basketball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoXuOlBt2A4&t=3s

Grim Reaper was my favorite...pointinh at a player, coach, or the whole bench, slowly shaking his head...classic

I also liked when he would hide in a movable shower with shower curtain and sneak up on the other team during a time out. Then pull out a little satellite dish and act like he was listening in on their huddle. LOL!!!

Backing up slyly to the officials and attempt to bribe or pay them off was also one of his better routines.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information