Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UL Transfers:

Default Re: UL Transfers:

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    They are getting paid more money. It’s not a fad. Watch Liberty really start to get great players with unlimited resources.
    The private religious universities won’t make the waves as some think in these NIL days.

BYU isn’t settling the world on fire. ND is meh, as is USC, Baylor and SMU.

They are getting paid more money. It’s not a fad. Watch Liberty really start to get great players with unlimited resources.
    Then Liberty with their deep pockets should be bidding for SEC talent and not from the 2nd/3rd team of a G5 that finished 6-7. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Then Liberty with their deep pockets should be bidding for SEC talent and not from the 2nd/3rd team of a G5 that finished 6-7. Just sayin'.
    When all this started, I thought Liberty would be owning the G5 world. Thinking that move to C-DOA actually hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    When all this started, I thought Liberty would be owning the G5 world. Thinking that move to C-DOA actually hurt them.
    I will agree with this.

The private religious universities won’t make the waves as some think in these NIL days.

BYU isn’t settling the world on fire. ND is meh, as is USC, Baylor and SMU.
    ND, USC and Baylor will all be VERY good next season.

BYU also has a program
    To give "full scholarships " to walkons. That will help them to build depth and get better over time

Years ago when he was alive, papa, Falwell said he intended for liberty to be the Notre Dame of the South.

I guess they’re gonna have the money

NIL deals are not head scratching as much as y’all think. It’s for money.

If liberty and Tulane are spending the big bucks on Rogers and Fleming caliber players I like our chances against them.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    NIL deals are not head scratching as much as y’all think. It’s for money.
    Just curious how much you think they paying a couple of back ups on a six and six sunbelt team. I am curious as to what the going market is out there for that caliber player.

11. Default Re: UL Transfers:

Exactly. Cajuns are going to have to start recruiting the portal or get left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Years ago when he was alive, papa, Falwell said he intended for liberty to be the Notre Dame of the South.

I guess they’re gonna have the money
    Liberty’s campus is about 260 miles south of Notre Dame’s campus. Is virgina even in the south?

13. Default Re: UL Transfers:

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    Exactly. Cajuns are going to have to start recruiting the portal or get left behind.
    . . . who said they are not recruiting the portal . . . the more portal one wants the more NIL that needs to be supplied . . . success in one is strongly dependent upon availability of the other . . . get your NIL $$$$$’s in . . .

With the crazy numbers being thrown around about the portal (more for unproven talent than a NFL draft choice), at some point the ROI of these donors will blow it all up like grandma eating some bad gumbo.

15. Default Re: UL Transfers:

With the crazy numbers being thrown around about the portal (more for unproven talent than a NFL draft choice), at some point the ROI of these donors will blow it all up like grandma eating some bad gumbo.
    For sure, just a matter of time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information