Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: #CheerLeaders

Default Re: #CheerLeaders

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I thought the bit the cheerleaders used to do with the band where they would lay down to form the U then get up and form the L, then the Ragin Cajuns Geaux UL thing was pretty cool. Do they still do that?
    Nope

2. Default Re: #CheerLeaders

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    As a person who tried to fight our football players and their families, I don't think you have much room to get sanctimonious, pal.

My comment was directly related to the environment in which we live today, where the notion of female empowerment has evolved to a completely different level. I can't speak for the others who commented. I can tell you this: My wife would happily pay tuition before she'd allow our daughter to accept a scholarship to "perform" for your viewing pleasure.

Calm down.
    So, you would deprive you daughter of the opportunity to enjoy her craft at the college level if she decided the athletics she was the best in were cheerleading . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I thought the bit the cheerleaders used to do with the band where they would lay down to form the U then get up and form the L, then the Ragin Cajuns Geaux UL thing was pretty cool. Do they still do that?
    He said Lay, U in the same sentence. Hehehe

Default Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m not going to tell anyone anything. Let’s just say at some point in the past they were created to boost sports, football in particular. What else are you cheering for? The band? Well marching bands definitely predate football. Still you don’t need to waste time marching to learn music and various instruments.
    Simple answer, who are they cheering, dancing and playing for…themselves. Not all but most. Earning their scholarships where applicable.

Ragin Cajuns Cheer finishes 9th at UCA College National Championship. This after losing their coach in November, practicing on their own, & getting their music only 5 days before the competition.

6. Default Re: #CheerLeaders

Cheers to them . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Ragin Cajuns Cheer finishes 9th at UCA College National Championship. This after losing their coach in November, practicing on their own, & getting their music only 5 days before the competition.
    Kinda like the movie “Stripes”..

Isn't there like 600 different divisions in that

9. Default Re: #CheerLeaders

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    ….my favorite cheerleader day was when there was a metrics football game and the field was 100 meters etc…..the cheer group was the Cheer liters!

10. Default Re: #CheerLeaders

I love our Cheer Leaders . . .

No clue how it works but here's the top 10.

1. South Florida
    2. Kentucky
    3. Ohio State
    4. Central Florida
    5. Oklahoma
    6. Alabama
    7. Western Kentucky
    8. Tennessee
    9. Louisiana
    10. Liberty

No clue how it works but here's the top 10.

1. South Florida
    2. Kentucky
    3. Ohio State
    4. Central Florida
    5. Oklahoma
    6. Alabama
    7. Western Kentucky
    8. Tennessee
    9. Louisiana
    10. Liberty
    interesting, I remember going to one at the Cajun Dome back in high school... they awarded like 14 Nation champions

Visiting team fan seats at GATA were the corner section about the 10 yard line....our cheerleaders positioned themselves at th 40, all game routine to GATA students...never came down to the visitor section...

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Kinda like the movie “Stripes”..
    A Cheerleader version of Stripes would be genius! Especially, if we could get them wandering around in a militarized RV.

Joe Bob Briggs would LOVE this.

interesting, I remember going to one at the Cajun Dome back in high school... they awarded like 14 Nation champions
    Just like youth baseball…except “world” champions.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information