Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: #RenovateBlackham

Default Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

Back in the day, the only sitting in Blackham was at half time.

Default Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Do not renovate Blackham. One thing people are forgetting is parking. If it rains, everyone is parked in a pasture and many cars will get stuck. The Cajundome is a premier arena. Going back to Blackham would really be USLing it.
    I forgot about the parking lot flooding. It comes down to overbuilding our two main sports complexes. Granted, at the time, nobody could of predicted where FB and MBB on the national scale would have moved to today. It is now not so much "know your place" but figure out "where" our place is 10-20 years down the road. Alden Report for starters.

The day will come where Blackham will come down. The long term plan going forward is what gets built there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

The day will come where Blackham will come down. The long term plan going forward is what gets built there.
    It’ll probably be a car wash.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    It’ll probably be a car wash.
    Every time I see a new one going up, I think of Walter White.

They’ve started tearing out Sears, which of course, will have a car wash.

5. Default Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

With the years and years of dirt hauling experience for the Winter Rodeo, Blackham would make a great venue for Beach Volleyball.

Just add sand.

Do not renovate Blackham. One thing people are forgetting is parking. If it rains, everyone is parked in a pasture and many cars will get stuck. The Cajundome is a premier arena. Going back to Blackham would really be USLing it.
    I have to agree. The newly renovated Cajun Dome is truly an excellent basketball arena. The old CD was not, but it is nice now. No need to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    no control over your schedule
    Well the Cajundome has made it clear that it’s a basketball arena. UL basketball has priority scheduling.

One impediment to a minor league team taking up residence is the fact that UL men’s and women’s take up twice the dates as before because the schedule is opposite (one week men at home and women on road, next week women at home and men in road).

8. Default Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

A few years ago between Blackham and Cajundome Blvd they hauled in about a foot deep worth of ground up blacktop.

I don't know about the other side.

Default Re: #RenovateBlackham

I’m 100% all for it! Definitely should be the next focus after Cajun Field. But with that said, all our energy needs to be focused on Cajun Field.

If I ever win the lottery, I would donate $25,000,000 to tear down Blackham and build a new state of the art arena that sits right up on the sidewalks at Johnston Street and Cajundome Blvd (would kind of resemble UTA basketball arena). Of course I guess I need to start purchasing lottery tickets.

i wonder if Blackham got renovated, if it could be used as a concert venue?

12. Default Re: 70th Annual Mid-Winter Fair and Pro Rodeo Set for Jan. 5-8 at Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A few years ago between Blackham and Cajundome Blvd they hauled in about a foot deep worth of ground up blacktop.

I don't know about the other side.
    The parking lot doesn't flood anymore. That's just not correct. It gathers water, sure. But to say it's not usable because of rain is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    i wonder if Blackham got renovated, if it could be used as a concert venue?
    See, I wouldn’t want that. I would want the acoustics to be awful so it’s noisier than ever!

14. Default Re: #RenovateBlackham

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    If I ever win the lottery, I would donate $25,000,000 to tear down Blackham and build a new state of the art arena that sits right up on the sidewalks at Johnston Street and Cajundome Blvd (would kind of resemble UTA basketball arena). Of course I guess I need to start purchasing lottery tickets.
    Ideally, of course a new arena would be awesome. But I have to say, there's something about sitting in that building and feeling the history (the only real history this program has outside of a brief period in the diamond sports) and the ghosts of Cajun basketball greats. So many great programs still play in field houses. It just feels important.

The Cajun Dome feels like a morgue. Cacophonous. Empty. Sterile.

I think it would be an overnight success.

You know…our administration should be able to chew bubblegum and walk at the same time. Let’s get Blackham in motion! Why wait!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information