Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Golf Adds Three To 2023-24 Class

1. UL Golf Louisiana Golf Adds Three To 2023-24 Class

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Golf Coach Theo Sliman announced Thursday the addition of three newcomers for the 2023-24 season during the recent National Signing Day.

Default Re: Louisiana Golf Adds Three To 2023-24 Class

If you have a minute, go meet Coach Sliman. He is one of the finest men you will ever meet. He is hamstrung by 0 budget. The young men showed some promise last year, especially in the Hawaii tourney. So before we moan and complain about golf scores, maybe go visit and ask what he needs and how you can help.

3. Default Re: Louisiana Golf Adds Three To 2023-24 Class

Of course nobody should complain about the lack of success until the golf team get enough money to effectively compete.

We know Adam and his family. Glad to see he'll be a cajun.

5. Default Re: Louisiana Golf Adds Three To 2023-24 Class

It looks like he needs more money and lower scores . . .

6. Default Re: Louisiana Golf Adds Three To 2023-24 Class

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    If you have a minute, go meet Coach Sliman. He is one of the finest men you will ever meet. He is hamstrung by 0 budget. The young men showed some promise last year, especially in the Hawaii tourney. So before we moan and complain about golf scores, maybe go visit and ask what he needs and how you can help.
    Dead on, Z. I was able to spend some time with Theo a few weeks about some Ragin Review stuff. We are lucky to have him. This year, I really believe something is brewing within the golf program. I strongly recommend making it out to OCC for the Louisiana Classics. Again, several top 25 programs will be visiting Lafayette. A big change this year will be changing the atmosphere to replicate (on a smaller scale) the WM Phoenix Open. Bleachers behind the 9th hole, rowdy fans, BYOB, free admission, etc.

I'm looking forward to it. Brian is working hard on making this a reality and I plan to help that happen. We need some energy injected into the golf program. We have an exciting transfer from Ireland coming in that set some Rory-esque records and is transferring from #7 in the country, Illinois. We have some guys coming back from injury, including guys that participated in the US amateurs.

I'm fired up.

7. Default Re: Louisiana Golf Adds Three To 2023-24 Class

GEAUX Weber . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Dead on, Z. I was able to spend some time with Theo a few weeks about some Ragin Review stuff. We are lucky to have him. This year, I really believe something is brewing within the golf program. I strongly recommend making it out to OCC for the Louisiana Classics. Again, several top 25 programs will be visiting Lafayette. A big change this year will be changing the atmosphere to replicate (on a smaller scale) the WM Phoenix Open. Bleachers behind the 9th hole, rowdy fans, BYOB, free admission, etc.

I'm looking forward to it. Brian is working hard on making this a reality and I plan to help that happen. We need some energy injected into the golf program. We have an exciting transfer from Ireland coming in that set some Rory-esque records and is transferring from #7 in the country, Illinois. We have some guys coming back from injury, including guys that participated in the US amateurs.

I'm fired up.
    What about parking and tailgating.
    Will it be free?

9. Default Re: Louisiana Golf Adds Three To 2023-24 Class

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Will it be free?
    Hopefully the event is so successful, they'll have to charge for parking and tailgating next year.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Will it be free?
    Free parking is across the street.

11. Default Re: Louisiana Golf Adds Three To 2023-24 Class

That’s a bad area of town . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That’s a bad area of town . . .
    Park at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Park at your own risk.
    Just back heavy.

I'm fired up.
    Thats great news, MAT!

I'm fired up.
    Do you know the exact dates? I want to request off those days. Maybe play a morning round then go to the tournament or vice versa.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information