Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: SBC 2023 cross division football games

1. Default Re: SBC 2023 cross division football games

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Why are we going to UAB again?

I know we scheduled them last minute due to the Covid schedule, but should they not be coming here? Or is this just part of a different agreement?
    The UAB deal is a 2023/2026 Home and Home deal we made. We play UAB in Birmingham this year and they come back to us in 2026. The game we played them was when we had to rush to add games during the covid year and it made sense at the time. It was an emergency schedule change, just like Iowa State, UAB, Central Arkansas (that was never played).

Default Re: SBC 2023 cross division football games

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Why are we going to UAB again?

I know we scheduled them last minute due to the Covid schedule, but should they not be coming here? Or is this just part of a different agreement?
    New agreement. They come here in 26

3. Default Re: SBC 2023 cross division football games

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    New agreement. The come here in 26
    much more concise than my response.

That is why I need to be Associate Director of Athletics Communications or the reason I shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    With all due respect, you’d probably be in the minority. It’s terrible
    Terrible schedule and we wonder why fans aren't excited about football.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    much more concise than my response.
    Who knows. That might be a conference game and we'd end up going there again. The thing is with LaTech on the schedule already, would we be playing a third FCS team that year. Haha. I kid I kid

6. Default Re: SBC 2023 cross division football games

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Again, I don't care who we play, I will be at every home game I can make no matter who the opponent is. Do you guys really think that any team that gets 25K plus into their stadiums does because of their opponents. Those teams would get 25K plus whether they played the Lighthouse for the blind or Alabama every week. We need to be the same.

7. Default Re: SBC 2023 cross division football games

Again, I don't care who we play, I will be at every home game I can make no matter who the opponent is. Do you guys really think that any team that gets 25K plus into their stadiums does because of their opponents. Those teams would get 25K plus whether they played the Lighthouse for the blind or Alabama every week. We need to be the same.
    Well said. I’m sure that there’s only a couple teams in the SBC that move the needle at all.

Now depending on the relative circumstances of UL and the opponent can move the needle somewhat.

8. Default Re: SBC 2023 cross division football games

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well said. I’m sure that there’s only a couple teams in the SBC that move the needle at all.

Now depending on the relative circumstances of UL and the opponent can move the needle somewhat.
    The teams that will move the needle for home games are USM, USA and Troy (when they are winning). Those teams have the possibility of bringing their fans and if UL is good and they are good bringing in the casual UL fan. In the East App and Georgia Southern, possibly Coastal, JMU and Marshall can travel decent.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The SBC office did us zero favors with the eastern teams. Coastal, App, or Marshall at home would have been so much better.

10. Default Re: SBC 2023 cross division football games

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The SBC office did us zero favors with the eastern teams. Coastal, App, or Marshall at home would have been so much better.
    Why should the SBC cater to our needs. There’s 14 teams that have preferences. I thought GS was a good game from the East because we have a longer history with them. Yes we absolutely could have gotten better.

11. Default Re: SBC 2023 cross division football games

Next year wins will be GS, Texas St, Arkansas State, Nw State, ODU, NMSU, ULM.

Tough games will be USA, Troy, UAB and USM

Real tough games will be Minnesota

7-5 should be the minimum, 12-0 is the maximum.

Next year wins will be GS, Texas Southern, Arkansas State, Nw State, ODU, NMSU, ULM.

Should that be TXST???

13. Default Re: SBC 2023 cross division football games

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Should that be TXST???
    Yes. Done and fixed.

14. Default Re: SBC 2023 cross division football games

Next year wins will be GS, Texas St, Arkansas State, Nw State, ODU, NMSU, ULM.

I think that ULM, ASU are both going to be improved. ASU will have its second year in a row with the highest rated recruiting class. TxSt might be anything. They had talent and a new coach. They may have lost a lot of players through the transfer portal.

Remember we had Troy(Conference Champs) and USA(10 win team) and still didn’t draw much at home. Two good teams in 2022 and we failed to draw big crowds. Why is it that d
    My crew and I drive a little over an hour from Avoyelles Parish and Lafayette refuses to support a D1 team in their back yard ? It boggles my mind. Wish we had something closer to where we live like that, but even an hour is very close to support my Cajuns! We need to breed more fanatics I guess ????

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information